♥31♥ The fight of a honey badger

In order not to succumb to her second Quirk, in order not to fully rely only on Kirishima, and in order to prove to herself that she could stand alongside the others, she jumped into battle without fear. There's no room for hesitation, only determination; if she were to fall here, she shouldn't be here in the first place! 

The forest was literally her terrain! She may have advantage of the terrain, but will she be able to capture all of her classmates without turning into the lone wolf? 

"Huh?" She expected her classmates to come after her, but she didn't expect Todoroki to be the first one up to take the stage! 

He jumped down from the ice he had made and he breathed out a little bit of air. He had been worried about her, but he didn't get the chance to see her or talk to her. "Why did you suggest to take everyone on at once? Are you suicidal?" Honestly, he didn't agree her test. In a what if situation, what if she did succumb to her 2nd Quirk? She's putting herself at risk.

"It's not suicidal, I just wanted to prove myself that I can do it." 

"There are other ways of doing it, isn't taking everyone on at once pushing it?" 

"I can't always rely on Kirishima!" She liked the boy a lot, but she didn't want to become a burden to him and the others! "If I rely on Kirishima only! If someday he can't bring me back...! He and everyone will be sad!" She didn't want to become the ticking time bomb that will explode and trouble everyone! She wanted to become a hero who could walk on the same path as everyone! "I am me!" 

Todoroki blinked his eyes once and already Yuuki had closed the distance between them! 'She closed the distance in an instant! In softball, to make the ball harder to hit, the pitchers close a huge distance with one big step. To make the ball reach the mitt a bit faster...to get a bit closer to the opponent...to catch the hitter off guard!' 

Since Todoroki was one of the most powerful student in the class, it'd make sense for Yuuki to target him! She went in for a palm thrust to the chin, but Todoroki dodged in time by jumping back! Todoroki grabbed her wrist that's covered in fur. He hesitated to ignite his flames! Yuuki smirked and she tried to scratch him in the face! Todoroki let her go and Yuuki tried to close in on him again. 

"You're a long-ranged fighter, if I keep coming at you very quickly, can you make use of your Quirk in time?!" 

"Yuuki...!"

Aizawa and the other teachers were watching the test go on from the monitoring room. 

"Young Todoroki hesitated. He sure is nice to girls." All Might said while watching the fight ensue. "Young Todoroki is not confronting Young Yuuki because he's overconfident; he's very certain he could be a good decoy while the others make a plan to capture Young Yuuki." All Might was honestly impressed because he's got the chance to see the group work together in their little groups. 

"Yuuki said she wanted to do this. Her chance to fail is literally skyrocketing...but she still wants to do it anyway. Maybe it's a matter of pride, or maybe it's a matter of her sense of self. Either way, even I am curious what will happen." Aizawa said All Might.

"Tch, that young girl have a bright future ahead and she went to shoot herself in the foot by suggesting this sort of test." Present Mic said, making tongue clicking noises again and again. "If she had just went against Cementoss with Kirishima and Satou, would she have passed?" 

"I believe so." Cementoss said to Mic, "Look at her movements. She is fast and she moves while thinking what to do next all the time. She is not stupid." 

Yuuki thought it was strange that Todoroki would come at her on his own. Where were the others? How come they were not here? Wouldn't ganging up on her work better than coming at her one at a time?