♥44♥ I want to keep her away from danger

Kirishima Eijirou was the first to arrive at the hospital that night. After overhearing Yaoyorozu's conversation about having implanting a device inside of a Noumu as well as creating a receiver for All Might, it sparked the idea for Kirishima and Todoroki to have her make another receiver and find the villains too. Of course, Iida was against the idea of anyone going out there on a rescue mission that the Pro Heroes will handle, but it did not deter Kirishima or Todoroki...especially Kirishima. The discussion within Midoriya's hospital room would have lasted for longer if it weren't for the latter needing to have an exam on his arms. Kirishima could understand Iida, and even agree that he and Tsuyu were correct in their views, but he had his own reasons for wanting to protect Yuuki and save her. 

"This time...this time, I'll protect you for sure!" He wanted to make his words come true. "I don't want you to-" 

"To what?" Todoroki had arrived and he heard Kirishima's desperate and unfinished plea. 

"Todoroki! You're here..." 

"Ah. There's no way I would pass a chance to rescue Yuuki when she's in danger." 

"You're a good man, Todoroki." 

The two of them waited. This all depended on Yaoyorozu; if she decided against rescuing Yuuki and Bakugou, the two of them will not be able to advance with the plan. 

"Kirishima?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Will Yuuki die if we fail to rescue her?" 

"W-what...? What suddenly spurred this question?" 

"Because I always have this feeling that you are one step ahead of us when it comes to Yuuki." It wasn't just Bakugou who felt that way; Todoroki also felt, out of the other potential people who had a special spot for Yuuki, Kirishima was the one who held the most threat. "You always know how to make her happy. You know a lot about her like the back of your palm." 

"Todoroki..." From the sound of it, it sounded like Todoroki really envied him. Kirishima thought it was strange for someone like Todoroki to be envious of someone like himself. Shouldn't it be the other way around? "But it's not a good thing to me. You all see her as Yuuki, but there are times when I feel some sort of distance towards her because of these memories. And it's because of these memories of mine that I ended up making her sad." 

"I see. I didn't see it that way at all." 

"There is a part of me who doesn't want these memories, I was content just being the Kirishima Eijirou who got to know Yuuki like the rest of the class. Yet, there's a part of me who had to keep these memories." 

"Why do you have those memories?" 

"...because I promised her." 

"A promise?" 

"I promised her, within the story of heroes that I'd be her hero...so far my wish had never come true." 

"Kirishima..." 

"That's why, even if it's useless, I want to be a hero to Yuuki. If I can do that, I can tell myself that I have kept my words like a man!" Spurred on by a promise he had made, he thrived to become a man who could keep his words and be true to it. 

After a while of waiting, Yaoyorozu walked out of the hospital with Midoriya. They have both decided on what to do and they have no intentions of going back. 

"Yaoyorozu, your answer?" Kirishima asked. 

"I-" 

"Wait!" Iida knew this would happen. He wished it didn't happen, but it did. And much to his fear, Midoriya and Todoroki was in on it despite what happened with the battle with Stain. "Why...? Why did it have to be you guys of all people? The ones who stopped me from acting recklessly from my own personal reasons...you two who received an amnesty with me." Iida's fists tightened, "Why are you two making the same mistake as I did?! It's too much!"