♥11♥ Animal Kingdom Arc - 勇気

"We should head back to everyone. I know you're a nocturnal animal, but you still need to sleep as a human." Todoroki had clearly been studying about the honey badger ever since meeting her. He had never been fascinated by the said animal up until he met her. He was disappointed to find out that honey badgers in real life were nasty mother fuckers that will fight anything that moves, but he was happy to know Yuuki was a good honey badger that will not bite upon being touched.

"Ehh...but I am used to the night." 

"Come on, you need sleep just as much as the next person." The hand that was not holding her hand made its own way to her head. He started to scratch the ear on top of her head. 

"Hee~." Yuuki loved it whenever he did that, it felt nice and good in a strange way. She wagged her tail happily, enjoying the moment. 'I scratch the ears on my head too, but it feels a hundred times nicer when someone else does it~.' 

Todoroki smiled a little as he petted her. When he stopped for a while, he watched her reaction; he wondered if she will do as he predicted. 

Yuuki noticed he had stopped scratching her ear. Why did he stop? He didn't even remove his hand from her head. She looked at him and she innocently nudged against his hand with her head, subtly asking him to continue.

"You're cute." He continued to scratch her ear. "Sorry, I just had to see if you will do that." 

"Huh?" 

"When I was a kid, one of my classmate had a dog that did that; she would scratch the dog's head for a while, stop, and then the dog will nudge her to continue." He then realized he had compared her to a dog. "S-sorry. I don't think you would like to be compared to a dog." 

"Dog?" 

Todoroki could understand why she was confused; you wouldn't find a domesticated dog in the wild! He got it! "They are wolves, but we keep them as pets." 

"You keep wolves as pets at your world?! That's so badass!" 

Todoroki wondered if she actually understood him. Either way, he didn't mind explaining to her about their world bit by bit. 

Even when they're walking back to camp, their hands remained in one another's hold. She did wonder why he was still holding her hand, but she decided not to say a thing against it since she did not find it annoying.

Yuuki wondered about Todoroki's words with each step she made forward. Was it really okay? Was it really okay for her, someone who had killed many villains and pro heroes, to go to everyone's world? 

'Kaminari have told me a lot about their world. I still don't know what a car is or what the latest trends are...will I be happy there?' She was so deep in thoughts that she tripped and fell forward. "Ah-!"

Their hands lost touch for a temporary moment, but the touch returned when he grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back to him. His back hit the tree, but he was not hurt a bit.

"Are you okay?" He asked, a little surprised by her tripping. 

Yuuki and Todoroki looked back at what tripped her up. They both stared at the root of a tree that was quite far up from the ground. 

"Look." 

"Huh?" She looked up and she saw many fireflies flying away from the tree that he had bumped into. 

The fireflies gave off a serene green light within the darkness. They illuminated a little bit of light for them, who were in the darkness of the forest.