♥Alternate Ending 2 - Shinsou Hitoshi♥

Shinsou expected her to still be sleeping, not wagging her tail and greeting him with a friendly good morning. Because he wasn't expecting her to wake up, he didn't know what to say or what to do. 

"Yuuki..." 

"Hm, good morning-" She was brainwashed? It seemed like Shinsou brainwashed her in order to make her still and not say a thing for the time being. He needed a little more time since he was not prepared for her waking on him at all. 

"Crap, I didn't expect her to wake up." He covered his mouth because he was nervous for the first time in his life. What should he say? What should he do? "I should have known she will get better quickly, she's a honey badger for God's sake." He closed the door after he entered the room. He leaned against it and he looked at her properly. "Shit." To add more awkwardness, he will need to answer why he brainwashed her. "Yuuki, look out the window." 

Yuuki moved and she sat on her knees so she's looking out the window.

Shinsou sat on her bed, his back against her back. He leaned his head back and he made contact with the back of her head. "I was worried about you. When I watched the video of you getting beaten up, it hurts." 

"Huh?" Yuuki was freed from the brainwashing. "Shinsou...?" 

"I was worried about you. When I saw the villains punching you and kicking you, I was about to wish you would just let go of the villain...but I didn't." He closed his eyes as he remembered what happened that night when he saw the leaked video online. 

The honey badger in the video, he recognized it as Yuuki; what honey badger would have blue beady eyes? He doesn't need an explanation to realize that was Yuuki right there being beaten up. 

"Yuuki...!" The video was definitely taken in real time by the drone, the punches and the blood was very much real. Watching the video was making him feel sick because it was like watching a wild animal being beaten up. However, to the people who knew Yuuki, they felt that the villains were beating up an animal and a human. 

"Sto..." He was about to shout out stop. What was he doing?! He's supposed to believe in her! He clenched his fists and he shouted despite knowing she won't hear him. 

"Yuuki, hang in there!" 

He shouted for her to hang in there. He believed in her, it's because he believed in her, he wanted her to win even if the odds were against her. How could he wish for her to give up when she's displaying such fearlessness before her enemies?! 

Unlike the boys from the Hero Course, he couldn't be close to her or spend as much time with her. Even so, he believed in her strength no matter what. He couldn't see her improve with his own eyes, but whenever they walk past one another, he could sense the change. Whenever he looked over his shoulder, he will see her distancing back as well as a fearless back. 

Yuuki turned around to him and she pressed her forehead against his back. She wondered if it was just her or his back got a little bigger. "But I lost in the end..." She was disappointed in herself because she wanted to win and be proud of herself. 

"It doesn't matter. You're still a fearless hero to me." He said with a small smile, "You're also the reason why I am working hard." 

"Huh?" She watched him turn to face her. Before she knew it, she was embraced by Shinsou. "S-Shinsou?" Her arms were trapped in the embrace, she couldn't hug him back.