♥Alternate Ending 4 - Tokoyami Fumikage♥

"Y-Yuuki?" Tokoyami was holding an apple in one hand. He was going to just leave it by her side and hope she will eat it on her own when she will wake up.

"That's my name." 

"Y-you're awake." 

"Very much so." Yuuki was awake and she was happily wagging her tail. She looked happy to see him, but she wondered why he doesn't look happy to see her. She could tell he looked troubled. "Come here, come here." 

Tokoyami took a step forward. 

"Closer." 

He took another step. 

"Closer." 

And another. 

"A little more." When he was finally within arm's reach, she grabbed hold of three of his fingers and she looked up at him, "Sit here." 

Tokoyami at on a chair and he looked down at the floor with guilt. 

Yuuki smiled, "Is that apple for me? Can I have it?" She asked with a gentle smile. 

Tokoyami was a little shy but he handed her the apple. Yuuki took the apple from her and she took a bite out of it. "Thank you~." 

He was truly happy to see her awake and all, but knowing that she was here in the very first place all because of him continued to chain him down. He couldn't help but think if only he didn't injure her, the video of her being beaten wouldn't have the chance to surface. He was angry at himself, angry that he could have been the cause of her death. He wanted to protect Yuuki...but does he still have the rights to protect her? 

"Yuuki, I'm sorry." It wasn't his own voice, it was Dark Shadow coming out on his own volition. "Fumikage is very sorry too." 

"Dark Shadow?!" Tokoyami ended up making a rather comical face! 

"Don't worry about it, I've already forgiven him." 

"Yuuki?!" 

"Because it got so dark! And the bad people hurt Shouji!" Dark Shadow continued with his words. 

"Hm! Even I'd be pissed!" Yuuki took a bigger bite out of the apple, "I am a little dumb, but I understand common sense!" 

"Yuuki!" Tokoyami closed his eyes and he shouted her name. He got up from the chair and he got into the traditional dogeza position! "I'm so sorry! From now on, I'll dedicate my life to protect you from danger!" He couldn't do anything by dwelling in the past, but if he could move forward little by little, it's enough. He never want to see a video like that ever again, he never want to feel this weight of guilt again, and he never want to see the person he cared for being hurt ever again. 

"Tokoyami, I should be the one to say sorry to you." 

"Huh?" He looked at her to see her legs were down the edge of the bed and the apple was in front of his view. He looked up at her face to see her sad smile. 

"I didn't think of the consequences. I would have made this guilt weigh heavier for you." Yuuki moved her head down, "I'm sorry." If she had died due to her injuries, her death would have scarred him for life. She could have made Tokoyami hate himself. And by the time she realized of the consequences, she was already sleeping in hospital and not waking up until this morning.

"No, Yuuki. I'm the one who stopped you from using your powers properly." 

"I'm the one who is sorry." 

"It's me!" 

"No, it's me!" 

The two of them argued back and forth until they ran out of breath. It was getting nowhere.