2: Responsibility

I was a murderer.

I did not deserve anyone's kindness anymore.

I have followed the footsteps of my siblings and let Ecgtheow define who I was.

After eradicating the Mocksians and piling them up, I have regained my consciousness and finally took control of my mind and will. Shock overwhelmed me and fear for my capability to slaughter mercilessly caused me to run away.

But absconding only made me frustrated. I couldn't run away from the killer for I was the executioner himself. My actions will always attach themselves to me and I can never return the lives that I have taken.

I have locked myself inside my pod and waited for the authorities to come to put judgment on my acts. Wrongdoers were always sent out of the planet and were to serve the ships containing the Paragons. It was already a great punishment for an Aechean because Aecheans were born with the attachment to planet Aecha.

Paragons can bring a part of their birth trees to lessen the risk of developing SAD or the Space Apprehension Disorder. Xiu-mow and Hunse-mow always wore a necklace with a little jar containing a leaf from their birth trees to comfort them during their trainings out of the planet. Wrongdoers were not allowed to bring anything from planet Aecha so they do not have any means of preventing the development of SAD.

A buzzing sound from the buzzer was made and a complete visual image of the people at the other side of the pod door appeared beside my bed. Their upper limbs were already transformed to their weapons and their faces were familiar to my system. The one standing ahead of the other three had braided hair. He was the shortest among them all.

The four of them were the champions of the Kia Brawl Competitions and were instructors of Paragon-to-be Aecheans.

"Aecha-mow, please come out, we mean no harm," Typhi-ssu spoke. He addressed me as an equal. That was humble of him. But I would appreciate it more if he treated me as a criminal. I deserved it.

Aechean Profile

Aechean name: Typhi Amoz-Elil

Birth Tree: Elil, tree of the brave and passionate children

Age: 31 years old

Threat level: High to Severe

Achievements: Have done 111 S rank missions, 201 A rank missions, 299 B rank missions and 333 C rank missions. He became a champion of the Kia Brawl Competitions for 55th time together with his team.

End of Profile

Typhi-ssu was shoved out of the way and the visual image was interrupted for a second before it reappeared again with Saek-ssu in front now. He had a scowling and a demanding expression.

"Oi! Aecha-mu, get out of there and surrender! You have nowhere to go! We have you surrounded!" he snarled before getting hauled away and the visual intercom was interrupted again.

Aechean Profile

Aechean name: Saek Con

Birth Tree: Con, tree of the cheaters, the boastful, and the mischievous children

Age: 28 years old

Threat level: High to Severe

Achievements: Have done 69 S rank missions, 169 A rank missions, 269 B rank missions and 369 C rank missions. He became champion of the Kia Brawl Competitions for 55th time together with his team.