16: Hello Annies My Old Friends (part 2)

3 DAYS LATER

Three days had passed ever since I thought of going against the Paragon's control, acting out my thoughts of rebellion, being chased by the most well-known protectors of the universe, facing another memory of Necron and dealing with the fact that the real Scion passed away.

Ever since that day happened, I would wake up each morning sitting on my bed trying to convince myself that I was still working under Bish-ssu, taking the potions from Dekmuth —also known as Gilmos— and delivering them to the store. But then I would realize that doing so wasn't enough to save planet Aecha and that delivering potions throughout my whole lifetime would not even help me get to where I was now.

What we were dealing with must be the result of a shattered relationship between two Gods who had let their polarity got in the way of their friendship. The one showing me these memories were Tom-Ak-Ta but how he became Necron and lost control of himself was still an obscurity to me.

I have told Gilmos and the others including Seven —the scientists of all illegal experiments— about what I was seeing and what I was doing in the dimension leading to Necron's world and each of them had their own interpretation of the situation.

"So Necron is actually a God named Tom-Ak-Ta and he was a close friend of Ecgtheow who happens to be a God as well..." Typhi murmured.

"In short we have a God Tree at our birth area attracting this maniac for how long?" Trux scoffed. "Why don't we just feed Ecgth-" before Trux could finish his sentence Gilmos jabbed his side causing him to wheeze out and hold the affected area with his hand while curling up on his seat. "I was jo-joking..."

Dryp placed his palm over his bangs and groaned. "I'm having a bang-ache from this."

"That's exactly what they tried to do during the tenth child of Ecgtheow but the tree was made up of elements which prevented any equipment to lift him up from the ground. Who knew he was a God?" Seven chuckled.

Seven was a scarred man. And when I say he was a scarred man, I was being literal. During my stay here I asked him about the pinkish yet bumpy healed scars which covered almost all areas of his body and he answered me with: "I did some experiments on my own and injected chemicals inside of me. It slowed down my healing capabilities but it's worth the try. I do regret it sometimes...especially when Trux and Saek call me The Seven Deadly Fleshes."

"It's either Tom-Ak-Ta came for Ecgtheow for revenge for whatever happened between them or he came to mend their relationship. However Ecgtheow continues to shun the God by giving birth to a child whenever Tom-Ak-Ta is near," Gilmos concluded.

"And Ecgtheow infuses his children with some kind of poison that weakens and turns Tom-Ak-Ta away to come back another day," Dryp added.

I did not believe that we had poison in our bodies. We were just made from the power which was opposite to Tom-Ak-Ta's and being thrown inside his belly was not exactly right for his composition.

It made me wonder; from the first child down to the sixteenth child there were no noticeable vocalizations of seeing the hallucinations that the seventeenth child up to me were experiencing. And I also noticed that the remains of the children being eaten became better as the number of invasions frequent. I did not see what Laechea looked like after he was devoured but I had a feeling that he had less injuries compared to the first ones. It was just a hunch but I believe from the number of children that Tom-Ak-Ta consumed, he was finally gaining control of the overpowering death that consumed his mind.

"What's our next plan? We can't let Saek continue as a spy inside the Paragons. Surely the President doubts where his loyalty stands," Typhi pointed out.