31: HUNCH

The vast expanse of azure ocean water sparkled with its innocent calmness bearing no hint of influence from the decaying powers of a fallen God. But it was not just a gut feeling that led me here in a questionable area colored with the hue of peaceful harmony. The key which became a resident in my chest opened the directions for the greatest revelations in Aechean history.

Now even if my feet were cemented to the ground I feel as if the stars of success were within my reach because Kaisen himself lowered them for me. I must grasp those stars and I must claim their sparkles for their glimmer shall be the beacon of light of my world.

"Aecha, I don't see any Necron here," Eleo commented as he kept our ship above the small island where Seven's laboratory was under.

"I know that he is there. He will appear any moment now. He must be timid," I replied while still gazing down in anticipation.

"You know, I was a year close to finishing basic Paragon education. I've installed lots of lectures in my memory storage and I've tortured a hefty amount of people for intelligence about Necron but never in my life have I ever realized that Necron is the 'shy' type," Eleo stated in a humored tone.

I turned to look at Eleo with an apologetic stare. "I apologize if I dragged you into this. I really believe that he is here. Just please give him a moment," I pleaded.

Eleo raised his brows in question. "Oh okay, is he having his final rehearsals on how to finally eradicate planet Aecha? I'm cool with that; I'll give him thirty minutes max."

I let out a soft sigh and stared down on my legs. "I know it must be hard to trust me, but I ask you to have faith in me as Kaisen had given this opportunity to us."

Eleo grinned and gave my head hard pats. "Sure kid, whatever you say. I'm just here to roll with you because what else am I going to do? Hey have I told you how I hate this gut feeling of mine? Honestly, even your brother hates it."

I gave Eleo a confused expression. "Oh I believe you have not told me about it yet. What about it?"

The aechean rubbed his nape. "Ever felt like this ship is going to get pierced into two?"

I abruptly held my chest from such a gruesome gut feeling. "Fortunately, I have not felt that way and I am not sure if I would like to feel what you are feeling. Does your gut feeling ever come true?" I asked him.

Eleo slowly looked up in thought. "Uh yeah most of the time it does come true but who knows maybe this time it will be different?"

That was not reassuring at all. His gut feeling was contagious.

"What's with that look?" he laughed before smacking my back. "Forget about it I'm just joking."

I now understand why my brother loathed that gut feeling but I honestly believe that Eleo had a gift to treasure.