38: Chronicles of Asahi (Part 1)

"Who are you?"

It might be foolish of me to ask of such question when I was the only one standing in an area completely cleansed of any shadows however; I know I was not alone. I was never alone.

"Uncle is that you?" I asked while looking around. "Why is everyone so quiet?"

I was not used to this silence anymore. I never wanted to encounter a time of noiselessness for the very reason that the day I welcomed the pandemonium of emotions into my life, I began to start living through the waves of music brought about by the people around me.

They were a noisy bunch and they were probably the most outrageous people out there but they were the ones who taught me how to live. They taught me how to breathe for the first time. They brought my heart out from the darkness of my past and the darkness that caged me into believing that a life voided of emotions was a life to be desired.

"Uncle, you should come out now, oniisan is here and he is looking for someone to make a detka with," I deadpanned. He should not miss this opportunity for such opportunity only came once in a lifetime.

It was too bad that I was only saying this out of my sheer desire to bring him out of his hiding spot.

"My feet are tired..." I sighed and looked up. "I wish Caleb was here." I wish all of them were here.

A calm breeze of wind passed by me and hurled out a shadow-like form. It bore no face yet it felt like he was staring at me this whole time.

"You were here the whole time weren't you? I give you my gratitude for staying silent the whole time while I was searching for someone to talk to me. Please continue to play dead until reality makes it true," I told him.

The shadow slightly bowed at me. "My apologies, I was calling out to you for quite some time and it would seem that you couldn't hear me," he explained in an apathetic tone which reminded me of myself.

I gave him a hum of understanding before replying as politely as I could. "Forgive me for being born deaf. I only realized my disability until now."

The both of us stared in silence before I decided to talk to him again. "What is your name? My name is Lucian the bearer of pure innocence and honesty." It was not too late to become a changed man. I will aim to be wiser, nicer, and less of a judging individual. I have to become a role model to my six thousand year old son.

"I am Tetsuro Kō and I am a soul living inside of you," he introduced himself. Oh, there was nothing new here.

"I have many souls living within me, what makes you different Tetsuro?" I asked him.

He actually seemed to be different than the others souls if he was able to seclude us from the others inside of me. But if he was knowledgeable of his own existence then I need not to overexert myself of comparing.

"There is no difference, I am your soul and you are my second body," he simply told me.

It was nice to know that my soul was recycled. "Then you should be named Lucian and not Tetsuro. Please move on from your previous life and live in the present," I deadpanned. Although I should not be the one talking. I have not yet recovered from my devastated first love. She was a beautiful woman with pigtails. No one can replace her even if Caleb attempted to grow his hair and tie them into pigtails.

Tetsuro tilted his head at me before straightening himself up. "I cannot do that. The ability to remember my past is a gift from Tom-Ak-Ta and it was a promise that he made for Asahi. You and I talking is just you pulling the memories out of your subconscious state. This is Tom-Ak-Ta taking the advantages of his activities from the past."