44: COCO LOCO

I came here bearing no knowledge of what family truly was.

I arrived here having the very intention of bringing the legs of Tom-Ak-Ta back to planet Aecha with the goal of saving our world.

However...

There was an unexpected twist of events due to the stormage of emotions, injustice brought about by the strong, and the seemingly selfish intention of a creator that cost billions of lives comparable to the sands of the shore.

More tasks were added to my plate. I met new people, I befriended a unique set of individuals living secretly behind the naive and bustling lifestyle of humans. I grew attached to them even in a short period of time.

Now I have no intentions of simply finishing what I came for.

Now I intend to finish everything for my world and for this world.

I will bring back not only Tom-Ak-Ta but also my newly acquired definition of family.

After obtaining King Asahi's cooperation with the power of Lucian-ssu's conversational skills, we had a grand feast in the castle. They let those who lived outside to eat with the King and the Prince and at that moment I realized something that struck me in my ticker.

These people composing of different races gave their trust to the King and to the Prince. They allowed them to rule this land and to lead them into a peaceful way of living. These people loved and adored Lucian-ssu and Lusceviel-ssu and gave their utmost reverence for them.

And we were going to take them away.

Who will lead them if Lucian-ssu and Lusceviel-ssu leave? Will they even allow them to abscond? We successfully planned an escape for our small group but what about these people? Who will they lean on once their leaders depart? Our plan was to take Samael and Lucifer with us in order to temporarily save Earth from judgment day but because we were going to take them, we also have to take everyone who was close to them. We were going to bring with us the whole package without even considering the people who will be affected once they were gone.

The children in the Land of Eli specifically adored the King and I feel like I was robbing them of their second father. The innocent smiles  just from being petted by him rubbed guilt into my ticker.

"Aecha, you have to try this! It tastes so great!" Hyuk Min cheered and brought me a bowl of ice cream with colorful scoops. I stared at the ice cream with a heavy burden in my heart and Hyuk Min must have noticed my uneasiness.

"What's wrong?" Hyuk Min asked. "Do you want some octopus instead? Mister Samael caught a giant octopus with bladed tentacles, I'm curious of how it'll taste."

Stugox walked towards us holding a bigger bowl of ice cream with a lot more scoops inside of it. Our leader began to pile up the scoops inside of his mouth in a fast pace while I composed myself of what to say.

"I am concerned..." I murmured.  "What will happen to these people if Lucian-ssu leaves?"

I did not want them to loathe him or see him as someone who was selfish because Lucian-ssu was far from that. I admire him very much because despite his vulnerable appearance, he was unbending on the inside. He always knew what he wanted and he will do anything to obtain it. People naturally follow him.

I felt an arm encircle my neck and saw Buck-ssu smiling widely at us. "These people will grow to understand the reason if big brother Lucian leaves," he assured and patted my chest. "Just...beleaf."

With that statement and as if it was already an automatic response to whatever Buck-ssu was saying, Rui-ssu came out of nowhere and landed his fist behind Buck-ssu's head.