52: CHRONICLES OF COCO (PART 8)

I was really expecting a lot from the torture that Ebu threatened me with to bring out information from me. It turned out that Ebu became even more frustrated rather than wickedly satisfied from our morning sessions of torment and demise because I wasn't screaming as she expected me to be.

"Answer me!" she squawked and scourged my back with her metallic whip. I was seriously stultified. We've been at here for three days and all she ever asked me was what my relationship with Chaos was rather than the crucial situation at hand that their precious Light Stone was stolen.

I let out an exhausted sigh. "I told you we're only friends. Stop being jealous for nothing." If she was getting worked up because of my nightly hang outs with Chaos I should have sexed the ayken up from the moment he confessed that he was interested in me sexually.

Ebu gave a scoff and I rolled my eyes. "You think I'll listen to a criminal like you? I won't even spare you even if you beg!"

Now that was scoff-worthy.

"Alright lady, first of all who said I'll be begging? And second of all, I know you won't listen that's why we're still down here wasting time and energy on questions that don't even matter!" I snapped.

My voice at the end of my statement got deeper and menacing causing the jelly like walls to jiggle and the cell door shake a bit. The chains keeping me spread out from above the floor rattled as well but the priestess was undeterred because she was obviously and undeniably an idiot. When Esgard designed her he forgot to put a brain up there and some common sense.

Ebu snorted and landed another whip on my back. I already told her that I was a fast healer but she wanted to test how fast my healing process was. I think the fact that her whip was ineffective against me made her frustrated even more.

"And what makes you think I'll listen to you?!"

Oh God why?

Rupture came to my cell with an expression that indicated grave news which abruptly stopped Ebu from asking me about Chaos again.

"Milady, reports came from refugees and they stated that their villages are in mayhem."

The priestess released a low growl. "What? What happened?"

Ebu happened.

"They claimed that a handful of villagers went into frenzy and started attacking," he replied dutifully.

I think this meant that Ebu will finally leave me be—

"That's not our priority now! Can you not see the situation at hand? I'm still interrogating this criminal! I will not stop until he finally admits his crime and until due punishment is given! Turn away any villager that comes and make them resolve their own problem for we have our own!" she ordered.

At that point my patience started to crack.

"But Mibirdy isn't it your duty as a priestess to ensure that your people are safe?" I sweetly asked and gave the bewildered Rupture a wink. I can tell by his expression that he could not believe what the priestess just ordered him.

This woman was turning away innocent people and was prioritizing a 'criminal' who was not even proven guilty yet because she was a jealous and possessive wretch. A giggle erupted from my mouth which caught Rupture and Ebu off Guard.

Kill...

Destroy...

Annihilate...

I felt the coldness of the whip land straightly on my cheek and at the side of my neck and shoulders leaving a warm ooze of blood to finish her masterpiece. A small smile worked its way on my lips and I reopened all my wounds which came from her whip causing the Knight before me to look at me with horrified eyes.