53: CHRONICLES OF COCO (Part 9)

A/N: So I tried doing some art again and uhm I think I did okay. I'll practice more in my free time.

"I protected the word from its destruction by keeping the darkness close to me. I left them so that I can save them. I did so in order for them to live. I did so despite the pain in my heart. I did so because I love them. I hope my love reaches them despite of the darkness surrounding me."

------------------------------------------------

I...can't live on like this...

Take my memories away...

I don't want to remember anything or anyone from my past...

Take away everything from me for I have stolen so much more from so many people...

You are my only hope.

I awakened beside Ebu's cold corpse and sat up picking the zeke that rolled away from me and hugging its rocky form against my chest. The burning emotions that I had earlier were watered down from my zeke's strange light which also stole away my consciousness.

I stared at the dead priestess' tortured appearance and felt nothing but numbness. I didn't feel happy or sad about a few bones sticking up from her legs. I didn't feel any regrets or victory from the blood that escaped from her veins which soiled her once silken robe. At that point my thoughts were empty. I had no desires. I had no dreams.

I was just a vessel ready to be possessed.

A scream of plea from above reset the fire within me but this time it was a different kind of flame. My heart didn't pound from excitement from hearing the strings of war being struck. My mind was not clouded by exhilaration from inhaling the winds of caution. My breath didn't hasten from an impending mirth much like the nights I spent with Chaos.

Harsh puffs of breath forced their way out of my lips and I started to run not towards the enemy but far away from them.

The moon which shone brightly in the dark skies was temporarily covered from the fast approaching cloud-like flock of toscans hunting and being hunted. I sprinted back towards the temple and a scream rose up from my throat when a body fell right in front of me causing me to trip over and pathetically yelp as I scramble back.

It started to rain with dead corpses. The skies seem to bleed out and wails and screams shoved the bedtime lullaby for children. I pulled myself up and continued to run. I didn't want to be near in all those deaths. I didn't want to see red. I didn't want to hear pain.

I was terrified to the core.

Knights gathered outside of the temple and I see Rupture already leading the front line. His eyes widened in shock when he saw me running towards them and he immediately caught me with his arms despite of my goal of heading inside the temple and locking myself back inside the hoosegow where no one will dare look first.