48: CHRONICLES OF COCO (PART 4)

"Did you find anything?" I asked Kogen as I sat down on the newly made nest inside a big hole of a giant tree.

The tree houses of the toscans were far from the emporium since they value silence when resting. I was relieved that the female toscans finally left me be after I told them that I was exhausted from having to destroy such a huge rock and that I needed to rest alone in case they further insisted on lying beside me.

I will not bear anyone's eggs for God's sakes. Just thinking of having such relationships and interaction with the bare skin scared me to death. I despised clinginess. My frigid personality was due to being raised in such a way by Guardian and the other Gods.

Guardian wasn't exactly the amiable and tenderhearted parent who'll praise you for every good deed. He was the most disagreeable and cold-blooded animal who'll laugh at your mistakes and put salt all over your wounds just to toughen you up. For these reasons, I won't get along with soft-hearted people. They'll only slow me down despite the fact that I was not even in a race to begin with.

What the heck was I going to do with my life? Was it normal for a God to not know what path He should take? Was it normal for a God to be this clueless when it comes to His future?

Damn it, why was this nest so coarse? This was Guardian's fault.

"Yes, the Light Stone of Belraria contains half of the power of God Esgard. Though it doesn't entrap a whole God, the power that the stone contains is still massive. I need to visit the temple where the stone lies to see if it is safe from the hands of the wicked," Kogen replied as he brushed his already smooth and lustrous hair with his comb.

"Stop combing your hair, it's already pretty," I muttered and lied to my side as I watched him.

His silver hair pooled down on his nest and extended to my side of the tree where my nest was. How can someone have that lengthy mane without tripping was beyond my comprehension. Maybe I can give Kogen a trim if he somehow fell asleep. It was just a trim...Alright maybe I little shaving here and there he wouldn't even notice the difference.

"I'm just maintaining it, there's nothing wrong with that," he reasoned out.

"Are your nether hairs just as long?" I asked him as I twirled the thick strands of his hair around my finger.

"Nether hairs?" he questioned.

"Yes, the hair on your graveyard," I pushed on. Wasn't my question obvious?

"Graveyard?" he added on the pile of unanswered questions for the night.

"It's a resting place for something waiting for its time to be resurrected," I sighed.

"Come again?" Kogen asked. His voice was sounding a hint of frustration.

"Oh forget it!" I groaned causing Kogen to laugh.

"I'm just joking with you Corlos and no I don't have any hairs down there. I can't believe we're having this conversation."

"Hn," I replied and turned away from him to look at the ceiling.

I left Kogen obsessing over his hair and fell asleep while imagining his pubic hair being as long as his exposed hair. Kogen will be reeking of hair and I might just study how to braid both ends together just to make it hard for him to live and breathe. It was just an experiment on how'll Gods can handle stress.

"Curiosity killed Corlos and the Gods he angered brought him back just to kill him again," Guardian spoke out through my dreams of Kogen's suffering.

"Oh shut up, I still blame you for the rough nest."

Once I woke up, Kogen wasn't beside me anymore. It was still night time so I decided to visit the emporium again to see if there was anything interesting for my amusement. As I was trekking my way towards the emporium and played on the soft sand by jumping and rolling on it, I heard a loud explosion and saw a flaring inferno shooting up to the skies. One inferno ball was shot again after the other and it was like a miniature meteor shower except the meteors weren't crashing down; they were being shot up.