Chapter One| Gracie

"Don't overthink itLet it go and try to trust the feelingYou know it in your gut you're healingFrom every time that you've been hurt before"

"Don't overthink it
Let it go and try to trust the feeling
You know it in your gut you're healing
From every time that you've been
hurt before"

-Louis the child

Beep beep beep

"Shut up," I groaned pulling the covers further over my head.

I absolutely hate mornings. I don't understand why on earth it is necessary to get up at such an ungodly hour five days a week just to go to school.

"I don't understand why you do this every morning, hon. Just get up" I heard my aunt's voice.

I pulled the covers down a smidgen peeking out to see my aunt Emma standing at my door with an amused expression plastered on her face.

I don't understand how she looks so good at this time of he morning. Her strawberry blonde hair as straight as a pin, her pale complexion as glowy as ever, and the corners of her red lipstick covered lips upturned into a smile.

"It's Monday," I said, bluntly "Go away." I whined.

She giggled softly, rolling her eyes before exiting my room and the next thing I heard was her banging on Caleb's door. She annoys him immensely in the mornings, he's surprisingly faster than me with getting organised in the mornings and doesn't need to be woken up but she still knocks terribly loud of his wooden door to piss him off.

I grumbled, wrapping my feather-filled, white duvet around my petite frame before walking into my snug ensuite, I don't think my bathroom could actually pass as a bathroom. The walls—just like my room are an off-white colour and the sink gives me barely enough room to breathe in between my shower.

I finally worked up the courage to look in the mirror and when I saw my reflection I gasped. My deep brown—almost black hair was sticking up in several different directions and the bags under my eyes reflected the late nights I've had the past few days, my skin also looked paler than usual. Overall, I look like a mess.