Chapter Five| Spit it out babe

"Everything feels right since you came along

I'm thinking baby

You, yeah, are bringing out a different kind of me

There's no safety net that's underneath, I'm free

Falling all in"

-Shawn Mendes

I was in an extreme rush this morning. I slept in and school starts in half an hour and I'm only just putting clothes on.

I looked in the mirror, I look like a mess. My hair is in a high ponytail with a little ribbon, that's the only thing that looks good about me right now, I'm wearing dark wash denim jeans and a random hoodie with my converse. I didn't have time for any makeup what so ever either, or breakfast.

I ran out the door expecting to see Taylor impatiently waiting in the driveway, but unfortunately, my driveway was empty.

I began getting frustrated with myself as I fumbled with my phone. Eventually, I dialed Taylor's number, it rung and rung before she finally answered.

"Hello?" she said in a sleepy voice.

"Where the fudge are you?" I shouted into the phone.

"Shit!" she said, I could hear her moving around in her room, "I slept in"

"Oh really?" I said, sarcasm dripping from each word.

I could just imagine her rolling her eyes, "I'll see you at school." Then she cut the line.

Great, now I have to walk to school.

I began walking to school it was only about a twenty-minute walk but when you're running late, that seems like a lot. I began walking down my street, I checked my phone and saw school is starting in fifteen minutes, so I pick up the pace and start power walking.

Eventually, I was walking through the car park and heading for the double doors that lead into my school.

I walked through the double doors and headed for my locker as fast as possible, I grabbed out my History book and walked at a fast pace to my class which, just my luck, was on the other side of the school. Note the sarcasm.

I walked into my class, just as the bell rang. I couldn't help but release a very relieved sigh.

My attendance is perfect, I think out of my five years at this school I've had about six days off, none this year yet thankfully, but school did only start not long ago so hopefully I can keep this up.

I took my usual seat at the back of the class. Besides the fact history is technically pointless, I really enjoy it. I mean it's sort of dumb because these people are already dead, and we can't learn much out of it but it's just interesting to learn about.