Chapter Twenty Five| Detective Grace

"I want to sleep next to you,

And that's all I wanna do right now."

-Troye Sivan

Status: unedited

Status: unedited

Today is going to be dreadful, I don't have to be smart to know that.

Today is one of those days where the sky is grey, it's continuously raining, and the ground is shaking from thunder, I actually enjoy days like these but it kind of just sets a mood.

Also, today I have no choice but to go to school, I've already missed two days and I'm getting stressed about how much work I'm going to have to catch up on.

I'm literally going to be drowning in homework.

When I walked outside, I was happy to see Taylor waiting in the driveway, waiting impatiently.

I missed her.

I held my arms over my face, shielding me from the rain before quickly pulling the door open and hopping in.

I looked at her smiling, though my smile dropped immediately when I saw a purple bruise surrounding her right eye, it wasn't completely obvious due to the fact it was covered in a thick layer of concealer though it was big, it extended below her around, and almost above her eyebrow, ouch.

"Hey—"

"What the fudge happened to your eye?" I shouted, reaching over to her face.

She slapped my hand away before pulling a compact mirror out of her bag, looking at her eye.

"Is it that noticeable?"

"What happened?" I asked once again, ignoring her question.

She smiled, "Nothing! Why would you think any things wrong?" she asked, she sounded overly happy.

"Because you have a freaking black eye!"

She sighed, leaning back into her seat.

"My little brother was throwing the ball to the dog, but he has bad aim and got my eye instead," she rolled her eyes, "little shit."