Chapter Six| I'm pregnant

"Yeah, I dreamt about you last night

I only see you when I close my eyes tight

Yeah, I wish I told you how I felt before you left"

-Witt Lowry

I was sitting on the big L shaped couch in my lounge, watching Pretty Little Liars with a packet of chips in my hands as I munched on the salty chips with Caleb beside me gazing at his phone.

"Grace, turn this shit off already" he whined

"No!" I threw a chip at him, "Mom and dad said I can have the T.V until six o'clock so you have no say, shhh" I hushed as I became more and more interested in the show.

"Whatever" he murmured.

Suddenly, my aunt Emma came walking down the stairs, holding her phone firmly in her hand. She had tears streaming down her cheeks and her eyes were red and puffy.

Me and Caleb watched her with concerned faces and she walked over to us, sniffling as tears streamed down her face.

"Aunty Emmy, whats wrong?" Caleb asked.

"C'mere," she said, ushering us towards her.

We both hesitantly got up from the couch, looking at each other warily before walking over to her.

She opened up her arms wide, motioning for us to come closer.

I walked closer, so did Caleb and she instantly wrapped her arms around us pulling me and my brother against her, we wrapped our arms around her though we were still completely and utterly confused.

"Emmy, whats wrong?" Caleb asked for the second time.

She released us from the hug, looking down at the both of us with a sympathetic expression.

"I just got a call, your mom and dad aren't coming home." she said, her voice was so monotone. She was trying not to break down, it was very obvious.

"W-what do you mean?" I asked, my stomach churned and my heart was aching.

She sniffled once again, "They were in a very bad car crash."

Caleb didn't need to hear a single other word before he was sprinting upstairs to his room before his door slammed shut.

It felt like time had stopped in that moment, I felt like all oxygen had been sucked out of the room and I was slowly suffocating.

"Who's gonna look after us?" I said shakily.

"Me."

I sobbed loudly, not because she'll be looking after us but because my momma and dad are gone.