Chapter Sixty One| I love you too

"You a thousand light years awayMight need a flight thereNow I'm overseas, babyBut I'm right hereWhen you need me, say the wordYou know I'll be right there, right there"-Dylan Jordan

Might need a flight there
Now I'm overseas, baby
But I'm right here
When you need me, say the word
You know I'll be right there, right there"
-Dylan Jordan

"You a thousand light years awayMight need a flight thereNow I'm overseas, babyBut I'm right hereWhen you need me, say the wordYou know I'll be right there, right there"-Dylan Jordan

Status: unedited

"I love you."

It felt like in that moment, in that five seconds he said those special three words, a nuclear bomb went off in my heart, sending it into overdrive as it beat rapidly against my ribcage, filling up with happiness yet shock.

It was like the feeling you get when you hurt or burn yourself and someone comes and puts ice on burned area like life rugged us and suddenly out of nowhere someone came and provided what you needed.

It felt as though everything stopped moving, like I was in a movie and someone just grabbed the remote and pressed pause.

I could see the way Grayson stared down me as he released those three words from his lips, the way sweat began to form on his forehead, and the way he nervously bit his lip, waiting for my reply, not knowing whether he was about to be rejected or the opposite.

I wasn't expecting him to say it yet, it wasn't too soon, I think. We've been together for a few months but our feelings towards each other began long before he took me to the clearing and asked me to be his girlfriend.

Long before he threw me in the ocean, long before he took me to the football field and attempted to teach me to play football, we all remember how that turned out.

My feelings for Gray were always foggy, they were almost there but you just had to get through the dusky fog to be able to see them.

He's perfect, there's not a single thing not to love.

I remember the way my heart skipped a beat when he asked me to be his girlfriend, finally. I remember the way I swooned when he deflowered me and he stared at me with such adoration, evaporating all my insecurities.

Or the many times he waited for hours for me to finish my shift, he didn't know how much it made my heart melt every time I finished to see him sitting at the booth, an empty milkshake glass in front of him whilst he subconsciously chewed the straw though there was no drink left.