Chapter Nineteen| I'm sure if I was in your bed your legs wouldn't be closed

"But they don't understand

You're all I have, you're all I have"

-Bruno Mars

Status: unedited

The drive home was dreadful to say the least. Grayson kept giving me these random little side smirks.

It was making me nervous and the fact Avery definitely knows I left with Grayson.

"I swear to god if he's in his room. . ." Grayson spoke up.

I turned to him, raising an eyebrow, "Then what?"

"Then you're stupid because he was in his room the whole time,"

"It's not my fault if he is," I murmured causing Grayson to laugh.

We finally pulled in the driveway, we both got out of the car at the same time. I pulled my key out of my bag, unlocking the door before walking in, Grayson following behind me.

I walked up the stairs, about to open Caleb's door when Grayson's hand wrapped around my wrist, pulling me back.

I turned to him, an annoyed expression on my face, "What?"

"You don't know do you?" he asked.

I scrunched my face up, "Don't know what?" I replied.

"Why I'm so worried about Caleb, it's not just because he missed a day of school," he explained.

What?

"What? What happened?"

He pulled his bottom lip between his teeth, "Him and-maybe he should tell you,"

I stomped on the floor, "You can't do that!" I shouted, "Tell me," I urged.

He rolled his green eyes, "Fuck, you're persistent."

I leant against the wall next to Caleb's door, "I prefer the term observant."

Grayson laughed, leaning against the wall opposite me.

The next few minutes were silent, not an awkward silence. . a somewhat comfortable silence though it was kind of hard to breath when he's staring at me, refusing to break eye contact.

It made me feel anxious. It felt as though all the air had been sucked out of the room leaving me breathless as his eyes wandered up and down my body, he didn't even try to hide it either. He didn't care.

I pulled at the hem of my shorts nervously, keeping my eyes focused on my shoes rather then his green eyes or his plump pink lips. I couldn't control my eyes or where they were looking.

This felt wrong, extremely wrong. My brother could possibly be in his room, less then a metre away whilst his best friend and little sister are starring at each other like a piece of meat.