Chapter Seven| Rosie's diner

It don't matter where you are, I'll run to your front door

When my head goes in different directions

You know my heart's never on the move"

-Khalid

"Caleb, can we talk?" I asked as I softly knocked on his door.

I heard some shuffling behind the door, it finally opened to reveal my shirtless brother wearing some grey track pants. I looked past his shoulder and saw Meredith laying under the covers of Caleb's bed, her bare back on show.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't worry," I muttered, annoyed.

I didn't know she was still here.

He bit down, flexing the bones in his cheeks, "Fuck," he ran a hand through his messy shaggy blonde hair, "Nah, let's talk downstairs." I nodded before walking down the stairs, Caleb on my tail.

We both sat our selves on opposite ends of the couch, "What's up?"

"Are you okay? After last night. . ."

He directed his eyes to the ground, so I'm unable to read his expression, "Yeah. . ." he said unsure, "I just got overwhelmed and I didn't know how to act. I knew she was moving obviously but I didn't know all the reasons to it." he finished.

I nodded, trying to be understanding, "Yeah, me either but we'll be fine by ourselves." He nodded in agreement, "She's rarely here anymore,"

"I know, like I said I just got overwhelmed, it was just one of those 'in the moment' things,"

"Also, next time you're gonna have sex in the room next to me cover your girlfriend's mouth," I teased, but I was actually being quite serious. All I could hear was Meredith last night.

His cheeks tinged a deep shade of red, "Uh, sorry." He said awkwardly.

"Speak of the devil," I murmured as Meredith walked down the stairs with one of Caleb's shirts on, it was baggy and reached mid-thigh, her hair somehow didn't look like she'd slept on it, it was still beautifully curly like it was when she turned up last night.

"Hey, baby." she sat on Caleb's lap, I had to hold myself back from throwing up.

Caleb kissed the nape of her neck, "Morning, Mere."

I like Meredith, she's really nice but they're the cringiest couple I've ever seen.

"Morning Grace," she acknowledged me.

I smiled, "Morning,"

"Everything okay?" Meredith asked obviously sensing the uneasy atmosphere.

I looked at Caleb for the answer, "Yeah, babe. Don't worry about it. Just brother and sister talk."

I nodded, agreeing with him before getting up and going back to my bedroom like the hermit crab I am.