Chapter Forty Two| Boy space friend

"'Cause there'll be no sunlightIf I lose you, babyThere'll be no clear skiesIf I lose you, baby  "

If I lose you, baby
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby "

-Bruno Mars

Status: unedited

Status: unedited

I grabbed my bag out of the cubby-hole, swinging it over my shoulder before exiting that room and walking through the kitchen, saying goodbye to some of the co-workers I actually like which is really only Cam, Matt and Cam's friend Tiffany.

I stopped in front of the counter, my eyes drifting to the booth Grayson had remained seated at for my entire shift.

He sat with Ryder, talking and laughing until Ryder left and Grayson-of course-stayed.

I still find it strangely coincidental his cousin happened to come to the diner I work at and somewhat flirt with me then Grayson shows up shortly after. The world really does work in mysterious ways.

I exited the diner to see Grayson leaning on the hood of his car, his iPhone being held in his large hands as he stared at the screen with an extremely concentrated face.

I smiled in his direction as I walked closer to him, he was wearing ripped black jeans, a black shirt and a leather jacket with black converse, such a simple, plain outfit consisting of only black, but he still looked like a model.

I expected his to hear my footsteps as I neared him, but his eyes stayed glued to the phone in front of him, but he didn't.

"Grayson?"

"Avalon," he murmured.

My eyes widened, who the hell is Avalon?

"What?" I asked in confusion.

He quickly locked his phone starring back at me with wide eyes, like a deer caught in headlights.

"Oh, uh, nothing. Let's go." He panicked.

I stared at him weirdly, watching as he diverted his eyes from me before rushing over to the driver's side of the car and hoping in.

I stayed still for a second, my mouth open and my hands on my sides as I stared at the back of his car in confusion.