Chapter Sixteen| He's mine

"You're the sunflower,

I think your love would be too much"

- Post Malone

Status: unedited

Last night left me with a mix of emotions.

It was strange.

After Grayson announced he was not okay, not in that moment at least, things got awkward.

We were close, so close I could feel his minty breath fanning against my face, so close I bet he could hear my increased heart rate. It was comfortable, the silence behind us, the flowers around us. The darkness.

His presence in that moment was perfect, though it wasn't long before I regretted thinking such a thing.

I don't know why, but after speaking about his so called friend he became snappy, void of emotion. It felt as though we had both pushed our mutually shared annoyance for each other aside and instead talked, we actually talked.

In that short amount of time he talked to me he was a completely different person.

Call me dramatic but he didn't seem like just my older brothers annoying friend, he was just Grayson.

I tried to talk to him further and get him to elaborate his answer, "No," I remember him saying, there was no emotion behind his blunt answer, nothing,

I'm not sure why I cared so much, it's the last thing I should be thinking about. I just went on a freaking date for gods sake, the Grace North went on a date, who knew that would've happened?

Definitely not me.

I should be thinking about the pizza, how Shawn opened up about his father, how much of a gentleman he was but instead I'm thinking about the way Grayson chucked me over his shoulder and brought me to a flower field, how he told me about how he found this place then how he snapped at me.

I think I more so feel embarrassed, for getting so close. For taking those two steps closer, I don't know what I was thinking but I'm sure he'll tease me for it.

The walk through the forest consisted of nothing other then me tripping and walking to branches and the car ride, it was awkward to say the least, he didn't speak a single work and neither did I.

He pulled in the driveway and he wasn't daring to turn my direction.

Maybe he was embarrassed too, for speaking so openly to his friend's little sister. It's a strange situation.

Holy hell I overthink, it's nothing.

I murmured a quick thank you and I hope you feel better tomorrow before I hopped out of the car and walked onto my front porch, within seconds Grayson's car was long gone.