Chapter seventeen| A ball flew into my head

"Empty numbers on pay checks

Good days only on weekends

It's so easy to miss the point

A-plus, call me a genius

Took my patience for weakness "

- Maggie Lindemann

Status: unedited

I woke up the same way I do every Monday; grumpy.

It was an extreme struggle waking up, I got out of bed instantly regretting it as I missed my warm covers that somehow always end up at the end of my bed.

I walked into my tiny bathroom before stepping in the shower, I opted for a cold shower as summer is officially kicking in, in Riverview and it's getting hot as hell.

I washed my hair and lathered my body in my vanilla scented body wash before brushing my teeth then getting out and getting dressed.

I decided on the same thing as always except a modified version, instead of the usual; a baggy hoodie that's two sizes too big and high waisted jeans, I wore high waisted denim shorts and a thin cropped jumper and my new converse.

I starred at myself in the mirror contemplating what to do with my hair. If I tie it up it'll be twice the size of me when I let it down, if I wear it down, I'll get hot.

Ugh, I'll wear it down.

I brushed it out before grabbing my bag and my phone and running downstairs.

"Caleb!" I yelled out, hearing no answer I decided to leave for school.

That's unusual for Caleb, usually he leaves way after me or just before.

I walked out of the door and saw no Taylor in the driveway.

I immediately narrowed my eyes at nothing specific, she better be going to school.

I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket and dialled Taylor's number.

"Hello?" she said groggily.

"Where the hell are you?" I shouted into the phone, "I'm outside and you're not here."

She cleared her throat, "Obviously," she murmured, I rolled my eyes, "I'm sorry, Grace I don't feel like coming today, I should've told you earlier,"

I sighed, hearing the sadness in her voice, it must be serious, "Do you want me to ditch and come see you?"

"No, no." she replied, "I just want to be alone, I promise it's nothing I think I'm just getting sick or something,"

I nodded before realising she can't see me, "Okay. . Well if you need me you know where I am, okay?" I told her honestly.