Chapter Three| You're really comfy

"One of those nights, dancing in the stars

Thought that the world was ours,

One of those nights

We're young, living with no fear

Kids running wild, girls crying drunk tears"

-Shawn Mendes

"I'm home!" Taylor shouted as she walked through the door of my house.

"Shut up!" Caleb yelled from upstairs causing me to laugh at her offended expression.

Taylor and I headed upstairs to my room and I was immediately pushed in a chair and had all types of things being poked at my face, she isn't the gentlest when it comes to make-up, but she can do it better than me so I'm not complaining.

"Are you excited for the party?" she asked as she applied highlighter to my cheekbones and the tip of my nose.

I scrunched my nose up, "It's a party," I stated, "Of course I'm not excited, they always turn out horrible"

"Not this time. . ." she trailed off and she became very concentrated with applying my eye-shadow, she was picking up brush after brush, I didn't even know it took that many to do eye-shadow. Finally, she was at the last part of the look; my lips. She applied a thin coat of lip gloss, thank god she didn't put lipstick on me, I hate how it looks on myself.

"Perfect" she clapped her hands together, impressed with her work, "Now for the hair" she grinned as she plugged the curling iron in and left it to heat up. About two minutes passed and she finally began doing my hair, I had no idea what she was doing but I trust her.

Almost an hour later and she told me she was finished but I can't look at myself until she decides on a dress for me to wear.

"This one. . ." she held up a white lace crochet bodycon dress, with detailing, "Or this. . ." she held up another dress but this one was black mini dress with a small cut-out design across the upper stomach region which highlights the amazing lace detailing across the V-neck and under bust.

"I think I like the second option" I smiled.

"Me too!" she said excitedly as she threw it at me, "put these on too" she threw a pair of black, strappy heels at me.

I walked into my bathroom and slipped on the dress the with extreme difficulty I eventually got the heels on, I stumbled out the bathroom and stood there, Taylor was sitting on my bed looking in a small compact mirror whilst applying mascara.

"Well?" I said, she looked up at me and dropped her mascara, "You look hot," her eyes widened.

Now it was my turn to look, I walked over to my full-length mirror and stared at my reflection, to say I was impressed was an understatement, I don't mean to sound vain or anything, but I looked amazing. My hair was in loose curls which cascaded down my back beautifully. My make-up was bronzed and smokey yet still very natural which was just how I like it. And lastly, the dress, it was beautiful, it hugged all the right places, accentuating my curves.