Chapter Eight| See you round cutie

"Maybe I know you're the one

Maybe I'm thinking it's better if you drive

'Cause girls like you"

-Maroon 5

"Oh my god! You got a job?" Taylor screeched in excitement, pulling me into a big hug.

I hugged her back, "Yeah,"

"As soon as you get your first pay, we're going shopping"

My expression shifted from happy to bored almost instantly, "Ugh, why?"

Why am I best friends with someone who likes the two things I hate the most; parties and shopping, food shopping is a whole other story though.

"Please," she begged, "we haven't had a girl day in forever" she whined.

"Yeah yeah," I gave in, earning an excited cheer from her.

The bell rung, students began to scatter to class, the halls quickly becoming empty.

Taylor and I said our goodbyes before I headed to gym class, my favourite. I'm kidding, I absolutely despise this class, I hate sport, I'll watch it but playing it is a whole other thing that I'm definitely not into. The uniforms aren't the best either, they just make me feel a little uncomfortable.

I walked into the girl's locker room, discretely trying to get changed without anyone seeing anything. I stripped out of my jeans a sweater and quickly threw the schools supplied physical activity shirt, it's much like the football teams, colour scheme wise. It's a basic shirt but it's a blue synthetic fabric with two white horizontal stripes on each sleeve, it said "Riverview Wolves" on the front with the school's logo underneath; a wolf obviously, then for pants we had to wear black spandex shorts. Many girls see it as an opportunity to show off their butt's but I'd rather not, I have modesty.

I walked out of the girls change room/locker room and into the gym, we were all required to sit on the floor well we wait for everyone to finish getting dressed. I sat down, wrapping my arms around my knees as I waited impatiently, I just want to get this class over with.

I felt a presence next to me, I turned aside, and my jaw dropped, "Cam?" I said in shock.

She shared the same expression, "Oh my gosh, Grace. I didn't know you went here."

"I didn't either, how didn't we notice each other? We're in the same gym class."

She shook her shoulders, "I'm not sure, I'm kind of hard to miss, I do have bright pink hair." We laughed.

Shortly after our teacher walked over, "Okay girls, so today is gonna be an easy lesson" thank god, I silently cheered, "Just a few warm-ups,"