Chapter Fifty Three| Roses are red, violets are blue

"Tell me if I'm wrong, or if this is crazy but I got you this rosenow I need to know, will you let it dieor let it grow,"

but I got you this rose
now I need to know, will you let it die
or let it grow,"

-Shawn Mendes

G R A Y S O N ' S  P O V

Two years ago. . .

I was leaning against the cold, metal railing on the stairs, out the front of Riverview High, I just got here, and I've already got a girl under each arm. What a fuckin' life.

The one under the right, Ashley. Damn she's one of those girls that every guy has had their shot with, she's your typical desperate girl I'm pretty sure every school has. She's got fake tanned skin, it's orange and it settles in every pore she has. Her hair is tacky too, the top half is short, and the bottom half is long.

I don't know why.

She's alright, she has no sense of humour, she's where conversations literally go to die but I guess it doesn't matter when you're having sex.

The one on the left is Briar, she's the complete opposite, she's more natural. She doesn't have to try to be hot. It's kind of funny though cause she thinks she can get close with me but she's wrong, one of the guys on the football team tried to get between her legs but she's one of those "wait till marriage girls".

"Bro," Caleb laughed, I looked at him as he stood directly across from me, his arm around Meredith. I raised an eyebrow, waiting for him to continue, "Did you see that shit throw Alex did at practice? He barely made the shot."

I laughed, rolling my eyes, "You mean Alec?"

Caleb screwed his face up, resting his chin on top of Meredith's head.

"Same thing,"

The next few minutes sped by as Caleb and I talked shit about this Alec kid. He's probably the worst player on the team, I don't know how coach let him join to be honest. His throw span is less then four metres, he's slow and if he get's tackled, he starts crying.