Chapter Thirty Nine| Pinky promise

"Now the day bleeds Into nightfallAnd you're not hereTo get me through it allI let my guard downAnd then you pulled the rugI was getting kinda used to being someone you loved"

And you're not here
To get me through it all
I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved"

-Lewis Capaldi

G R A C E ' S   P O V

Status: unedited

My eyes fluttered open as I felt a cool breeze kiss my bare face, I smiled happily. This all felt surreal, like a dream.

It's early, probably six in the morning and it's relatively dark outside, not completely pitch black but not fully light, it was the point where I could make out every perfect detail of Grayson's face, which I've been doing for the past twenty or so minutes.

Not in a creepy way of course.

I'm just admiring him, he's so—so perfect. His green eyes, his lips, those long eyelashes, every inch of him from his grown out hair to his perfectly tone chest to his stupid smirk.

He's perfect, it's the only word I can think of to describe him.

I've always thought he was attractive, since the first day of freshman year but now I know him, actually know him, he's the closest thing to perfect.

He's passionate about football, he hates his hair, he loves sex, he's obsessed with beach and he's a good friend (for my brother) and he knows exactly how to make me happy which is why I have no idea how on earth he ended up liking me.

I'm the popular guys little sister that no one notices, I trip over my own feet, laugh at my own jokes, do nothing but eat food and sleep, and I could probably act the entire Hannah Montana movie word for word, including the songs.

I have messy hair that I never bother to brush so it's always in an unattractive bun, I wear guys shirts that usually have food stains on them, my rooms always messy and I'd rather spend my time watching Netflix then going out.

I'm pretty much the epitome of lonely and boring.

But he's—he's so different.

I always pinned him as the bad boy, the play, a guy who can't keep himself out of other girls' pants, which is partly true, but there's so much more to him then that. He does like to mess around, but he still is so committed to doing his best with football, I don't think any girl could stand in the way of that, he's not a bad boy, now I think of him as being 'the bad boy' I can't help but laugh.