Chapter Twenty Seven| You wanna play this game?

"But I got you this roseAnd I need to knowWill you let it die or let it grow? "

And I need to know
Will you let it die or let it grow? "

-Shawn Mendes

Status: unedited

Status: unedited

It's been a month since everything happened.

Since Avery, since Taylor. Since Caleb. Since everything.

I haven't bothered to push him to go, I know I should because it's putting his graduation in jeopardy, but I'm scared of his reaction.

I'm scared of what he'll do when he sees Meredith and Blake together because as the days have passed by, they've become more and more public with not just their gross amount of PDA but their relationship.

They've made it crystal clear they're far more then friends, that's for sure.

It's happened more then once, where I've stood at his door, about to go in and spill the beans but I can't he's been so much happier lately, I've never seen him recover so fast.

But today he'll find out, whether I like it or not because today is the day he has decided to come back to school. He's sitting on the couch, his black jansport backpack placed in-between his legs as he taps away on his phone.

I planted myself down on the couch near him, watching him, probably seeming creepy but I was just trying to think of an excuse to keep him from going to school.

"Can you stop watching me?" he screwed his face up, "Creep."

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Shut up," I grumbled.

I continued to watch him though this time more discretely, if only he knew what he's about to see.

"So I was thinking. . ." he stared at me with a raised eyebrow, "I think you need an extra day off."

He shook his head, "Nah, I've had enough time off. Coach is gonna be pissed as it is."

Dang it.