Chapter Forty Three| I love the way that sounds, baby

"It's just another nightAnd I'm staring at the moonI saw a shooting starAnd thought of you"

And I'm staring at the moon
I saw a shooting star
And thought of you"

-Ed Sheeran  

Status: unedited

Status: unedited

Time seemed to pass by faster than I thought was possible, it felt as though we stayed timeless in this moment whilst the world around us kept going.

I've never laughed and smiled as much as I have tonight, with Grayson.

We sat on the silk sheets, he gave me a haul of the contents of the picnic basket, he claimed he made these sandwiches but I for sure knew he bought them from somewhere, unless he's a sandwich king or something.

He packed crackers, he forgot the cheese, but it's the thought that counts. He knew after his party I probably wouldn't want to drink so he just bought a few bottles of water.

So, we eat most of it, laughing when some of the lettuce out of the sandwich got stuck in my teeth, I was utterly embarrassed though Gray found it amusing.

Now we're laying on our backs, side by side, staring up at the stars together, pointing out all the shapes.

"That one looks like a—" I tilted my head to the side, "Horse, I think."

Grayson chuckled, turning his head to stare at me with those beautiful green eyes.

"Yeah. . I don't see it." He furrowed his eyebrows as he stared back up at the sky.

I nodded, "Yeah! See, that's the tail--" I pointed to the trail of stars, "—And that's the body then the head."

Grayson sighed, "I still can't see it." He groaned.

I turned my head to face him, smiling at his confusion and irritation.

"Aww," I cooed causing him to roll his eyes, "Is someone jealous?"

He scoffed, rolling his eyes once again, "Yeah, right."

"Okay, then find a shape or something."