Chapter Two| Like Dead

"You could break my heart in twoBut when it heals, it beats for youI know it's forward, but it's trueI wanna hold you when I'm not supposed toWhen I'm lying close to someone elseYou're stuck in my head and I can't get you out of it"

But when it heals, it beats for you
I know it's forward, but it's true
I wanna hold you when I'm not supposed to
When I'm lying close to someone else
You're stuck in my head and I can't get you out of it"

-Selena Gomez♡

Five-thirty am

Its five thirty, in the damn morning and I'm wide awake. This never happens, if you couldn't tell already I am what some people may call; not a morning person. Whether I go to sleep early or late, I could sleep through my mom's birthday if no one wakes me up, so the fact I am unintentionally awake this early is insane.

To be quite honest, I kind of like it. It gives me time to think and I don't have to rush.

I've been laying in my warm bed, under the covers starring outside the window for twenty minutes just watching the sunrise spill through the cracks of my curtains, I thought since I had nothing else to do I might as well open my curtains, so I can see it fully, so that's what I did. I got out of my warm bed and padded my way over to the window and opened the curtains.

I felt a cold breeze coming through the window touch my skin causing me to shiver. I jumped in bed and went back to looking at the window. It was almost six now and the sunrise was more beautiful then it was half an hour ago, you could see the vibrant warm colors appearing in the sky leaving kisses of color.

It was more than beautiful.

Sadly, not long after the sun fully rose, and the sky was clear of all pretty colors and now just blue.

Deciding I should get an early start to the day I reluctantly got out of bed and made my way for the shower, usually I don't take showers in the morning because I know once I get in, it'll be far too cold to get out, so I generally have one before I go to bed, but this morning I had the time to have a long shower. I walked into my bathroom and turned the shower on, whilst the water was running and heating up I tied my hair up into a bun, so it doesn't get wet, I may have time for a long shower but waiting for my hair to dry is a whole other story. I stripped off my polka dot pajama shorts and ridded of my baggy jumper before hopping into the shower.

The hot water streamed down my body, creating goose bumps to appear on my pale skin. I grabbed my vanilla scented body wash before lathering it on my entire body and scrubbing it in before washing it.

"Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City?

I'm a thousand miles away, but girl, tonight you look so pretty

Yes, you do

Times Square can't shine as bright as you

I swear it's true" I sang to myself.