Chapter Twelve| Nothing about me is little

"So tell me why my gods look like you

And tell me why it's wrong

So I'll wait for you, I'll pray

I will keep on waiting for your love

For you, I'll wait"

-King Princess

Status: unedited

You know how sometimes you're sleeping and for some unknown reason, you just wake up and you don't feel an ounce of tiredness, you feel wide awake and as though you've gotten all the rest in the world, that's me right now.

It's an early Wednesday morning, it's freezing cold, an early morning wind breezing through my window which I really need to start shutting.

I woke up out of no where and no matter how much I tried to go back to sleep for another hour or two, I was struggling, and my body wouldn't let me sleep and it sucks. After my failed attempt to go back to sleep, I gave up and laid on my bed, thinking, about one thing in particular.

Shawn.

He asked me out and it's a shock, I know it shouldn't be, it's just some dude I've known for two weeks who I cuddled at a party and danced with and somehow always manage to embarrass myself in front of, he asked me out.

I guess it's natural to be surprised when someone asks you out, especially when it's the first time you've ever been asked out, it's even more surprising considering he's popular and a football player, he's definitely different.

He's kind, that's not a statement I should be saying considering the limited amount of time I've known him, but anyone could tell he's kind, his gentle features and kind smile immediately give off those type of vibes.

He's got soft, deep brown eyes, he reminds me of a big teddy bear, he's not as tall as Grayson or as broad but he's not puny, he's right in-between.

The fact he's saved me from falling, looked after me when I'm drunk-though he may be the cause, kept me company and chased after me when I fell over, he didn't just laugh like everyone else.

I'm not sure what Caleb will think about the fact I'm going on a date with Shawn, he might not like it considering it's a guy from his team, I know they're friends too, not best friends but they're still friends, I guess we'll find out.

I don't think he could get angry at Shawn even if he wanted to, he's too innocent.

I pushed my thoughts aside as I decided to get a head start for the day.

I threw on a pair of high wasted ripped jeans, a grey jumper and my converse, I then applied a thin coat of mascara and made my way into my bathroom, plugging my straightener in, waiting for a minute or two before sectioning off my hair and carefully straightening each section until my hair was fully straightened.