Chapter Sixty Eight (Part One)| New York

"With you, I'm a beautiful messIt's like we're standing hand and hand with all our fears up on the edge"

It's like we're standing hand and hand with all our fears up on the edge"

-We The Kings

G R A Y S O N ' S P O V

Status: unedited

I sighed in relief as we exited the plane. I could tell Grace was over the plane ride already by the loud exhale released from her lips as we depart from the plane, walking in a slim, extensive line down the corridor attached to the entrance and exit door of the plane.

I held my hand out behind me, my other hand occupied with my suitcase.

Gracie immediately placed her tiny hand on mine. I enclosed my hand around hers, pulling her gently along with me until the corridor opened up to the rest of the airport.

The ride here was only two hours though it felt far longer. I bought us premium economy flights, so there were TV's on the back of the seats in front of us.

I watched movies almost the entire time. Gracie was anxious at the start, due to the fact she's never been on an aeroplane before. She was a mixture of excitement and anxiousness as the plane took off and she was like this for half the ride.

She kept blabbering on about how excited and grateful she was, though in between she would complain she feels like an elephant is stomping around in her stomach.

It got to the point where she was being repetitive and speaking too fast for me to process, so I zoned out, pulling the arm rest up so I could pull her flush against my side and she was instantly the calmest she had been so far, not long after she fell asleep.

We stepped onto an escalator, her still behind me with her hand linked with mine, until we reached the bottom and we stepped off, the wheels on our suitcases jumping over the metal and onto the tiled flooring.

Gracie was quiet as we made our way through the gigantic airport. Thankfully there were no more customs to go through and we were able to keep our suitcases on the plane considering our luggage is relatively small.