Chapter Ten| Sorry that's not on the menu

"I just lie awake and play it out in my head

Like I know what to do

But the world has got a different plan for me and you"

-Ruel

Status: unedited

Taylor: Hurry up!! I've been waiting for twenty minutes

Me: Coming!

This morning is one of those many mornings where I slept in late, couldn't decide what to have for breakfast and ended up being totally unorganised altogether.

My appearance today is disgusting, I'm wearing light wash jeans that I haven't washed yet, a random white jumper and my white converse, my hair is in a top knot because there is literally a bird's nest on my head and I couldn't get rid of it no matter how damn hard a brushed so now I've got a masked birds nest on my head.

I had no time for make-up which was perfectly fine because I never wear much anyways, but considering I slept over twelve hours, you'd think the bags under my eyes would be a lot less obvious, in other words, it looks like I've been on a two-week bender.

I slung my bag over my shoulder, quickly running out the door and getting in the car with Taylor, more specifically, an angry Taylor.

"Dude, it doesn't take that long to get ready!" she started as we began driving.

"I overslept," I exclaimed.

She raised one of her perfectly arched eyebrows, "Well if you oversleep again then I'll end up oversleeping through your funeral!" she snapped.

Damn who hurt her?

I decided to stay quiet, she seemed very hostile and I know Taylor and it's best to leave her alone and give her space when she's in one of these moods.

The drive to school remained peaceful, besides the grunts she'd make every time there was a red light or a slow driver in front of us.

We pulled into the parking lot at Riverview High and Taylor didn't bother taking her time walking off, she had locked the car and practically ran into the school, I don't know what's wrong with her today, she'll tell me when she's ready, I know she will, it's probably nothing big anyway, Taylor is overly dramatic, there's denying that.

I rolled my eyes and made my way inside, I ran up the steps and walked down the corridor, getting the books I need for my first class, I felt a sense of déjà vu as the contents of my locker tumbled out, landing on the tiled floor.

I bent down with an annoyed groan, attempting to pick up every single thing, a pair of large hands came into view, picking up my belongings a lot easier then I did. I was met with an adorable grin; Shawn.