25. His Promise

Outside the ABZ Pharmaceuticals

"Hello faheem!!" I said, in my shaky voice.

"Mishtu.. what took you so long? How was the interview? Was it good? Tell me" he speaks over the call in one breath

I sigh deeply and said "faheem... I am sorry" i said almost crying

"Mishtu!" He said in lower voice "you stay there I am coming, tell me where are you?"

"No.! You don't have to" I said "I will manage, I need time Faheem to relax please"

"No.. i know you-"

"Faheem.. please let me be alone this time"

After all the explanations i convince him to not to pick me up, and i am home finally preparing dessert for my loving husband.

I made his favorite cake, and wrote thank you on it. It's 7'0 clock and he will be here any soon.

The door bell rang and as i opened the gate he came in and hugged me.

"Mishtu it's ok, what if you didn't get this we will try hard next time" he said while rubbing my back.

I try not to laugh, but decided to carry on this act.

"You tried your best right?" He asked, breaking the hug.

"Yes" I said making a puppy face "I tried my best and they want me to join within 15days" i tell him finally

"Ahh Mishtu, it's ok if they want to-" he looked shocked
"What they said to you?" He asked after a pause.

"They said I can join within 15 days" I said and emphasis on every word. Smiled a little

"That means you got this job" he asked.

I nodded

"That means you were doing acting over the call"

I nodded, and hold my ears and wisper sorry

"God.. you scared me Doll" he said and ran his fingers to his gorgeous hairs

I giggled

"I forgot how good you're at acting"

At this point I don't know what he is saying, he can say drama queen or anything but this comment just vanished my smile.

"What are you cooking?" He asked

"Oh yeah, just change and freshn up quickly I made you,... Wait it's a surprise"

We had our dinner discussing my interview and the purpose of cake and why I wrote thank you on it, basically I wanted to tell him or thank him for everything he gave me, he allows me to do Job, he loves me so much etc etc. And he was listening to me peacefully but still something missing in his eyes.

He went to room silently, and I did the dishes as fast as I could so that I can talk to him again about my job and the responsibilities.

I went to him he was standing in balcony, in deep thoughts.

"What are you thinking? aren't you happy?" I asked, as I stand beside him

He look at me and spun me to his face.

"What if I tell you, to quit this job?"

"Faheem..!!" I said, removing my hands around his neck "what-why, are you talking like this"

He looked blankly at me and then Burst into laughed

"Look at face" and he continues his laughter