20. Chasing the past

Today is Sunday, my exam day. He dropped me at examination centre. I tell him to leave and pick me up after the exam. He said okay.

I was doing my paper, the paper wasn't tough even but some questions were twisted enough to make me nervous.

Somehow I finished the paper. I came out of the examination hall, he was standing there with all his glory. I almost rolled my eyes. Studies always brought us together.

I went to him. He lean against the car and rolled his sleeves up. Damn this man.

"You didn't go home right" I asked him coldly

"No"

"Why, what you did here?"

"Forget all this. So mishtu, how was it?" He asked

"I don't know may be awfully good or fantastically ridiculous" I replied.

"You shouldn't be joking mishtu, it's about your future"

I looked at him and almost melted.

We went in the house. He asked again about the exam i replied the same. He started tickling me mercilessly.

"Say you won't joke about exams. Say it" He said while tickling me.

"I... I.. will .. joke ... " I stuck my tongue out at him.

I just freed myself from his grip.
I was running, but he was faster and again the tickling monster started. I was out of breath.

"Ok ok i won't happy" i said breathing heavily "the exam was good, and I did pretty well"

He grinned.

He looked at me with a fond expression. I blushed a little.

"I like it when you blush for me." He said looking straight into my eyes.

I was even a shade redder.

Suddenly he looked at me as if he wanted to say something.

"I will... umm.." he scratches his nose bridge "I will go and change" he said.

But I did not want him to go, I hold his arm and called him by his pet name; Jamy.

We had given each other when we were kids . Jamy well it may sound weird but he loved it and hated it.

"Jamy..!!" I said

He turned around and he sighed deeply.

"Tell me, what is it?" I asked

"Nothing" he said sadly " by the way it feel so nice you called me Jamy again, you know after how long you called me that?"

"Well may be 4 months?" I replied.

Because I don't remember that I called him Jamy here in Austria, so we married 4 months before so..

"It's almost 5 years" he replied coldly

I looked into his eyes, his eyes were sad today I don't know what he was thinking or what Happened to him but all I want is, him to be Happy.

"Oh" I gasped "what happened to you ? You look sad, in the morning you were perfect now all of a sudden?"

He inhaled deeply and sit on the couch, ran his fingers in his hairs and gestures me to sit. I sat beside him, he took my hand and caressed over it.

"Mom called me" he said after a long pause.

I hold his hand even more tightly. I know, I know he hates his mom he has zero respect for that lady but she is his mom. I personally dont like her, but she is his mom afterall.

"What she said?"

"Who cares what she said, i know she is doing acting of missing me" he said rudly

"Faheem.. she is your mom you can't say like this. What she said tell me?"

"Daddy is sick, he is in hospital"

"What..!!" I was shocked. "What happened, is anything serious? Faheem just lets go back"

"Relax nothing happen to him, I know"

I said nothing, just looking for answers

"I called Dad, he is fine infact he going her regular works, so once again my mom lied to me, no wonder why I hate her."

I know they have issues, but I don't know what are they. He is not talking to his mother since that zunaira incident happened. I decided to keep my mouth shut, he is holding my hand and leans back to the couch and closed his eyes, I know what he is thinking he is thinking the same, he is missing Zunaira.

I saw his face, I warm tear escape from his eyes, I clear that with my hands.

"Stop thinking Faheem, what has happened Is already happened you can't change that, stop punishing yourself" I said and move closer to him, put my head on his shoulder.

He said nothing we were sitting there for at least 25-30 minutes.

************************************

It's been over a week I have the exam and I didn't heard anything from the company, Faheem told me that they will call if I get shortlisted for interview.

I was thinking about the day when he was upset because of zareen aunty ( Faheem's mom). He is still chasing the past, why don't he just let it go.

I heard the doorbell. "It must be faheem" i tell to myself and open the door.

There he is my husband, faheem. Holding a bunch of gladiolus.

"A sword lilies to my warrior" he said while laughing.

I took the flowers and said " Is it some kind of ritual that you have to bring me flowers on every either Fridays or Wednesdays?"

" Yes,for me it is." He said while leaning on door frame. " Well I may sound too cliche but I promised to myself that I will give flowers to my wife once in a week."

I frowned. And let him enter the house.
"Well in that case my husband please do this ritual even after my dea..." Before i could complete my sentence he put his first finger on my lips.

"Never ever say this again" he said while stammering. And he hugged me tightly.

I could see the fear of loosing me in his eyes, and as he was giving me bone crashing hug for assuring that I am with him.

"Are we going to stay like this?" I break the silence.

"Yes, if you say so, promise me you will never say such words again"

"I promise" I said.

He is looking good even after office time, I was adoring him while having dinner.
_______________