44. Charity

Tonight I'm going to a charity event my with job they have donated a lot of money and we have had the whole charity team for the past month so we could gather some money.
The money goes to vulnerable children.
I am looking forward to this event. I love helping people in need and I'm also gonna donate some of my own money too. It always makes me feel good to help others.

It's gonna be classy event with long dresses suit and all that jazz as Emmanuel said me it's gonna be nice to dressed up and look nice. I haven't been out in a very long time and I haven't been out here in Hyderabad.

I decided to wear a black Keyhole Gown which i bought last week when I got my salary, I am earning good amount I work with Emanuel, since after he came to know about my pregnancy he is taking care of me like nothing I am so blessed to have a boss/senior/friend like him. He like the entire gown but I personally like the slit in the front.

We meet up in the event and here's a lot of people it insane but also nice to see that there are lot of people who wants to help.

"Wow,this is in incredible" said one of my co worker.

"It's amazing" I replied

"We're gonna sit over here" said Emmanuel, he points at the 5th row.

We all walk over and sit down in our seats. Waiter are walking and offering snacks and Champaign. This is one of the most classy even I've ever been to and I feel little awkward as I am not being used to something called "classy".

The event starts and one of the donator who donated actually a huge amount was here with us, he starts his speech that why he helps these poor kid and other needy people. He then mentioned a automobile company name which, actually the company where Faheem work as "head Engineer" i look around to found if by any chance I see some familiar faces.

"I am sitting right next to you" Emmanuel spoke "whom you are looking for?"

"Nothing" I lied.

"Now I would like to introduce one of their man...." The person on the stage said I couldn't hear anything after that as I saw him. Him, Faheem Ansari. I couldn't breath all the memories of that night flashes in front of eyes. I joint my the hands in nervousness.

"If you want..." Emanuel offers me his hand.

I smiled weakly and holds his hand, I just wish Faheem didnt notice that I am here.

"I need to go." I Yanks my hand from his grip.

"What...what Happened?" He asks worriedly.

It feels like I am gonna pass out

"I need to get some fresh air" I said and get up.

It's been 3 months, whole fucking three months, I bet he's over it but it's still makes me anxious. I didn't expect him to see him today and it just threw me out to it. If just just knew then it would be easier for me to prepare, but he was just there on the stage all of sudden.

When I feel ready I walk towards the door and when I open it then walk right into a chest.

Faheem.

I look at him and my eyes now fall to the girl next to him.

Is she with him?

I look at faheem and he was staring at me, with a blank emotionless expression.

I cleared my throat and said sorry again, and I take step aside.

Faheem is just walking past by me, I turned around, I see him walking towards his car and helping that girl to sit on passenger seat, and he walks around to sit on driving seat he didn't even glance at me not even once he looked at me.