54. The Funeral

“I don’t think you are ready for this Sumaiya.” Momina ran her hand through my hairs and I smiled weakly. I wanted to go where Faheem was now.

“You think you can go there?” abbas pressed my hands and lowered his eyes.

“Yeah” I mumbled, nervously looking down.

“Have you made your decision?” Momina questioned, they have been waiting for me to talk about it but I kind of was in state of shock after that incident. Faheem took that bullet for me, least I could do was to pay him a visit.

“I am finally ready to move on, for my son” my heart was crying, I never wanted to leave Faheem but he-----

“Do you want any of us to join you?” Abbas tapped my shoulder “You don’t have to do this at a day like this Sum.” Abbas was scared for me.

“It is fine. I know I can handle seeing a coffin” I looked away and played with my fingers.

“The funeral began already; I will just pay a visit at the grave.” I said

“You sure you don’t want us to come?” Momina asked again there was no point of them being there.

“No, its fine I have to do this alone.” I weakly smiled and sat in the car. The car engine started and my heart missed a beat.

The memories of us together started flowing in my brain, reminding me of his sweet smile, his touch and his love. He was my only love, the person who was the reason of my happiness, how can I live without him?

The graveyard came, maybe it wasn’t the right day or time for this but now that I was here, I have to do it. I walked out of the car, the fresh breeze played with my hairs as I walked my way towards the grave and put flowers on it.

“You know, I came here to tell you that I want move on from this whole situation but…” I took a pause and tears streaming down my eyes and I look at the grave “I can’t… it’s like my heart wants to move on but with you from my past from every bad thing that had happened. I came here just for you, to show you I support you in your life decisions even though I told everyone I will be fine but I can’t be without you. I told them I am ready to move on from you, from our memories... that you gave me when we were together… they still haunt me.” I sob and broke on tears; I clean my tears which were flowing freely on my face. “you know what Jammy…. I love you...!! you are the only person I loved you…” I stammered and began to shiver.

“Then don’t.” Faheem slowly walked behind me as I knew he was standing behind me once I placed the flowers on Emmanuel’s grave, he ended his life after the day he caught by the cops. He ended his life I jail after losing everyone and everything, he just wanted Faheem and me to be at his funeral along with her family because he was guilty.

“I can’t live without you either Mishtu.” He made me turn around and cleared the tears off my cheeks, holding me in his embrace, he then slowly reached to my lips and gently pressed his lips against mine. It felt so good, the day he was shot I thought I have lost him but luckily the ambulance arrived at time and his life was saved. Him sacrificing his life for me, it was a shock for me but I wanted to make sure if we can live without each other or no, we can’t. we deserve our happy ending; we have faced much worse before and it was out time to be happy finally happy together.

He removed his lips from mine and joined the foreheads, I breath sharply and smile. Before I can understand anything, he captured my lips again but this time I didn’t kiss him back and push him.

“Jammy... what are you doing?” I raised my brow.

“what?” he asked innocently “kissing my wife is not a crime?”

“Seriously? In front of his grave? Are you still trying to burning her?” I shook my head and we both stared in each other’s eyes. We left the graveyard holding hands.

The End.

I deleted the original end because I didn’t was you guys to feel upset and all but if you want I can write that ending again as an alternate ending.)