12. Lady Luck

Before you start reading, i would love to thank Anamika080 because ❤️ she always vote and comment on my every chapter and for that I am thankful love you dear ❤️😘🙌

And now happy reading 😊

-------------------------------------

An Audi A8 halts at the entrance of the hotel imperial.

He steps out of the backseat of his car. Walking towards my side, he opens the door for me and i step out, while whispering a

"thank you."

He smiles and place his hand on my back to guide me towards the reception.
I was trying not react from his touch, i walks with a smile, as i gazes the people​ on their​ way.
"That man standing right there is My boss, Mr. George Russell" he wispered in my ears, as he locates Mr. Russell at the reception and walks towards him with me at his side.
Mr. Russell smiles at us and grabs the bouquet from his assistant, standing beside him.
Mr. Russell greets us with a smile,

"Welcome, Mr. & Mrs. Faheem. A small gift to the newly wedded couple from me"
Mr. Russell forwards the bouquet to us and Faheem states, "This wasn't needed Sir"

Mr. playfully pats faheem's shoulder.

"Oh come on faheem, don't be so formal, you're younger brother to me and I couldn't attend your wedding, so let me wish systematically now." He replies " and I must say Sumaiya, you're very lucky for faheem you know he is not just an aeronautical engineer now he is head aeronautical engineer of our company"

I was looking surprisingly at faheem, so that was the surprise. And he is telling me not my own husband why.

"Sir, I wanted to tell her" he snapped " that too in a proper way"

"Oh In that case I am sorry young man" Mr. Russell said.

Faheem smiles in response and Mr. Russell shifts his gaze to me. He forwards me the bouquet and I glances at faheem, who gestures me to accept the bouquet.

I accepts with a smile and Mr. Russell guides us towards the conference room and said "come follow me." He open the door named conference Hall "this is where the contract will be signed, this project will be your turning point faheem"

Conference Hall

We both took our seat on the respective chair at one end of the table located in the middle of the massive conference room. Whereas Mr. Russell takes his seat at the other end, facing them.
Abbas takes his seat at Faheem's right with other employees in the same line.

I adjust my clutch and the bouquet on my lap, though i find it difficult to manage. Faheem senses my struggle to hold them together and gazes around to discover, everyone is still settling at their seats. So the meeting will take time to start.

Faheem turns to Abbas and orders in a low voice,
"Abbas, take the bouquet."

I frowns at his words and watch Abbas begins to stand, only to stop by me,

Faheem stares at me in confusion.

"He is your friend, faheem, not your servant." I scold him.

"He is my employee too and right now I am senior" he informs me

I rolled my eyes "Senior.." i said sarcastically "Senior who can't treat there employee with respect"

Abbas speaks in his formal tone, before Faheem could respond,
"It's a part of my duty to obey everything my boss orders, Mrs. Faheem and I would love to help you."

And abbas attempts to stand again, and I said all of a sudden

"Well in that case, I love the flowers, so I will to hold them. End of this meeting."

Soon Mr. Russell's voice grabs everyone's attention, who asks for their permission to start the meeting. Receiving a positive response, he initiates by giving a brief description of the project and important terms.

The meeting took long time to finish and here I was getting bore but Faheem's passion towards work didn't surprise me at all I knew this since childhood he is great at everything.

Today, the engineer in faheem had impressed me with not only his intelligence but also passion towards his work. I stare at faheem with a smile, when he started signing the contract for project after the discussion.

After signing, Mr. Russell moves towards faheem with a cheque in his hand. Everyone stands, including me, as faheem and Mr.Russell share a formal hug,

Breaking the hug, Mr Russell glances at the cheque in his hand and reminds faheem,

"Remember, faheem many more cheques are waiting for you"

Faheem nods in response and i smiled,

"SIR.. I want my wife, should accept this advance cheque on behalf of me" said faheem, and i was in total shock.

Mr Russell offers me the cheque,

I hesitate a little and faces Faheem to whisper,

"You should take the cheque. It's your efforts....your project."

"It's ours. Take it,for me."He whispers back.

I drowns in his captivate brown oceanic eyes and shivers when faheem insist me to accept. I shift my gaze to the cheque and grabs the cheque.

Mr Russell congratulates me, before moving back to his assistant.
He left the confrence room. Only faheem and me left in the room.

I was about to give the cheque to him but he refused to accept it and wisper in my ears

"you're truly a lady luck for me"

We both were sharing the small eye lock only to interrupt by Abbas,

"Sorry to disturb you I forgot my mobile here" he said and about to leave but

"How many times I have told you to knock the door before enter" faheem Almost yell at him "but you don't understand this small thing, just put some manners in your thick skull"

Abbas lowed his gaze and said sorry to Faheem

"Leave now" he said rudly.

I looked at him with angry eyes.

"What?" He asked, just like that as if nothing happened.