48. Closeness

Its been 4 weeks I lost my child, the person who was responsible or even I blame him he was Faheem the love of my life, my husband but now the only connection I had with him is of HATE. After police arrest him within 2 hours, he uses his contacts and they set him free on bail. They said they don’t have evidence against him, as there are several people whose name are Faheem.

Ah! I so hate this name and person.
“its raining!” I murmured to myself, as the rain now hit my face. There was a time I used to love rain but now it reminds me of him so I hate now. I move under the shelter to prevent myself from getting wet in rain.

I was standing and waiting for my cab which booked earlier. I car stop near me; the window glasses of driver seat came down and now I can s the face of driver. None other than devil himself Faheem.

“Get in the car, else you will catch the cold” he spoke in a demanding tone.

I chose to ignore him; I am still confused I mean look at his nerves he can order me around.

“Mishtu...!! I will not repeat myself” said the devil himself.

I looked away from him, I again choose to be quiet.

He unbuckled his seat belt and now came out of his car, I watched him silently. He was approaching me. I move away from him as a result now I am getting wet under the rain. He was taking predatory steps towards me; I feel uncomfortable under his gaze.

“Mishtu get inside the car NOW, you know I don’t like to repeat myself”

“No, I won’t” I spat back

“In a count of five you’re going to sit inside the car otherwise I will deposit you by myself inside the car”

I rolled my eyes.

“One...!!” he said taking again predatory steps towards me.
“Two.”

“Three”.

He is now dangerously close to me, I don’t want underestimate him, he was counting on four and wrapped him arm around my I struggled and succeed in releasing myself from his grip.

I sat quietly inside the passenger seat. I smiled ran his hand into his wet hairs and sat on driver seat.
After 15 minutes of painful silence, I notice this is not the way of my home.

“Err. where are we going...?” I asked bravely.

“My place” he replied shortly

“What...!! stop the car Faheem…!!” I shout at him “I said stop the car… drive me to my home or I will start screaming”

“jeez… woman stop shouting...!!” he said without looking at me “we’re going to my house because its raining like cats and dogs I don’t want to stuck in middle of road and besides my house is near” he said straight faced.

We went to his place it was an apartment, with one bedroom with bathroom and kitchen. I wonder how he can even live here; he is a person who always love space. I stood in the middle of his bedroom awkwardly.

“Take these you and change else you will catch cold” he said and offer me his white shirt and puma PJ.

“I am fine” I said sternly “I am just waiting to rain stop so that I can move from here”

He rubbed his face with palm and said,
“Change else you will have your so-called sinus problem” he said while removing his shirt.

Damn this guy… still can efficiently makes my heart beat skip.

I look at him as he was standing in front me half naked, he was about to undo his pants I shout at him;

“will you please stop stripping in front me” I said while covering my eyes.