Chapter 14.

Speeches. 

I had to look formal, presentable

After a week of nonstop writing my speech I finally made the perfect one.

I walked to the picnic table to meet up with the girls.

"How do I look?!" I panicked.

"Business women"

"Flawless"

"Perfect" they said.

"Guys I'm nervous" I sighed.

"You've never been nervous" Bethany said. 

"I know. I don't know why" I groaned.

"You're gonna win like always" Beverly said.

I nodded and we all walked in.

We went to the auditorium.

All of the candidates went one by one to give their speech.

Just for the senior class president candidates, there were going to be debates after we gave our speech.

Juliette went first and then Luke.

When it was my turn, I took a deep breath and went to the podium.

"Hello student body, faculty, my name is Brooklyn Montgomery, of course, everyone knows, and I'm running for president. Fortunately, I have been class president all four years, and each year I've done my best to have order, and fun in the school year. I'm really excited to be senior president because it is my last year and I want me and along all the seniors to make and leave a mark in this high school so we won't be forgotten and so we won't forget this school. Like I always say, I was made to be a leader. Me and along all of you were made to do great things and we should do them together. That's why encourage you to vote for me" I smiled and everyone clapped.

Then Luke and Juliette went up the stage to their podium. 

Luke came by me.

"You stuttered" he said.

"I do not stutter. Now leave me alone, I'm in a good mood and I'm confident" I said.

"So I will choose one to answer the question and after the answer is questioned by the chosen candidate another candidate can argue or answer if I say so. The first question to Luke, why should they vote for you?" 

"Because I feel like everyone needs a male model-"

"That is so sexist" Juliette said.

"Our president is a male" I said.

"Girls let him talk" 

"I believe that girls have taken over most of everything and I want to see if people like the ideas of a guy, something different" 

"Brooklyn, what is the biggest problem facing our classes right now?"

"Except for the showers in the locker rooms, I think the fact that we aren't really united. Teamwork makes the dream work" I said and we are asked a few other questions. 

After that everyone went to lunch.

"How did I do?!" I asked the girls.

"You did so good" they smiled.