Chapter 21.

"Girls I don't know what to do" I sighed

"What's wrong?" Bethany asked. 

"It's about the project and Luke, but mostly the project" I said.

Becca scoffed. 

"What happened?" Beverly said. 

"I've been thinking. What good do I do?" I said.

They scrunched their eyebrows.

"Okay so Luke yesterday took me to his church and he does charity work and stuff like that and he's such a good person, I don't do anything" I said.

"Brooklyn what does it matter? What's making you question all of this?" Becca said. 

"She obviously cares what Luke thinks of her" Beverly said, smirking. 

"No, defiantly no. Of course not. He's making me a profile for me. For me, Brooklyn Montgomery. If I don't do anything, my profile is going to be plain, boring" I said. 

"Yeah, right" Bethany teased.

"Girls, this is important" I said.

"What the hell do you care what Luke West thinks of you, Brooklyn Montgomery?" Becca said. 

I gave her a serious look. 

"Just be you" Bethany said.

"That is the corniest shit you could have said" Becca told Bethany and I ignored her.

"That's the problem. I don't know if I know who I am. I don't know who I want Brooklyn Montgomery to be" I said.

Later in the day, me and Luke were going to meet up at my house. 

I sat on my couch thinking, I was alone, my mom had already left. 

"Hey" I heard and looked up to see Luke. 

"Hi" I said. 

"Are you alone?" he asked.

"Always" I whispered.

"Where's your mom?" he asked.

"Where she's always at, working" I said.

"So you must get lonely in this big house" he said, looking around.

I nodded.

"So what are we doing?" he asked.

"Okay, I was thinking, I don't know who I am, but I want to know. I don't do charity work and stuff like that but I'm willing to. I want to go out and help. I'm always complaining about a better world but I do nothing about it" I said and he smiled.

"So what are we doing first to know who Brooklyn Montgomery is?" he said.

"I want to donate blood" I said.