Chapter 36.

I went downstairs and saw my mom

"Brooklyn, there's going to be some changes. Since I know you're a hardheaded person, I decided to bring you a friend, Beck" she called.

A man appeared in a suit.

"This is not happening" I groaned.

"Beck has instructions to follow you around and not let any man be near you"

"He's a man? Mom, you can't be doing this, I'm not a little girl anymore. When are you going to understand?" I said.

"You were warned, you broke that promise. Give me your phone" she said and I handed her my phone.

"Now excuse me, I have to go" she said and left.

I then left to the car and tried to close the door on Beck but failed and he got on.

When I got to school, I went to the picnic table and the girls gave me strange looks.

"Is he with you?" Bethany asked and I nodded.

He stood there.

I was about to speak but stopped.

"Can you like go away?" I said, giving him a face.

"This is a private conversation" Becca said, glaring at him.

And they were all glaring at him.

That's how I knew that my friends had my back.

Glaring, and giving dirty looks to scare people away was our biggest weapon.

I faked smiled as I waved and he stood away further.

"Who the hell is he?" Beverly said.

"My mom found out about me and Angel and she freaked out" I said as tears started to form.

Beverly grabbed my hand.

"She wants me to break up with him but I'm not going to" I said.

"Yes we love a hardheaded queen" Becca said and we laughed.

"Can I use one of your phones to text Angel? She took my phone away like if I was in 6th grade" I said and Bethany handed me her phone.

Angel, this is Brooklyn. Walk pass the picnic table, I'll talk to you 1st period

Hi baby, I have a doctor's appointment and won't be back till like lunchtime

Okay baby

"Let's go" Becca said and we got up.

"10 feet away from me" I told Beck and we walked in.

We entered the classroom and sat with our group.

Beck stayed outside the classroom.

I sat away from Luke.

Peter sat with us.