Chapter 87.

We were on our way to the fair

We got on the roller coaster and I sat beside Samuel.

He held on to me, screaming.

I laughed the whole time.

We got on so many rides, when we were tired we went to sit down and get something to drink.

"So Samu, me and Allie came into the conclusion that you're seeing someone" Monse said.

We both stayed quiet.

We couldn't lie anymore.

"Yeah are you going to tell us?" Allie said.

"It's me. We've been hanging out a lot but we're just friends, nothing more" I said.

Monse scoffed.

"You mean friends with benefits, we know you've been sleeping in his apartment" Monse said.

She got up.

"Monse" Samuel said.

"Don't. Brooklyn, you knew how I felt about Allie and him, I considered you as a best friend. Were you not planning on telling us?" she said and I stayed quiet.

"You can find your own ride to go home or to his apartment" Monse said and she and Allie walked away.

I put my head in my hands.

"What are we going to do now?" I said.

"I'll talk to them" he said.

I called Nate to pick us up and take me to my penthouse.

When we got there, we sat on the couch.

He turned my head to him and he kissed me.

He started kissing my neck but I got away.

"Samuel" I said.

"I have to tell you something, Brooklyn I like you" he said and I stayed quiet.

I stared at him and his eyes sparkled.

"I'm getting back with my ex" I lied.

"You what?"

"I'm sorry, I was going to tell you" I said.

"Brooklyn, you're a liar. What was this all for? You led me on" he said, his voice cracking.

"I'm sorry" I said, starting to cry.

He got up and went to the elevator.

"Samuel don't" I said and the door closed.

I went to sit on the couch.

I didn't want to be in another relationship, I couldn't lose someone else.

Samuel meant so much to me, I don't want to break him or let him break me.