Chapter 104.

The next morning

I woke up beside Samuel.

"Hi" I smiled and he wrapped his arm around me.

"I have to go," I said.

"Noo, stay in bed with me," he said, not letting go.

I laughed.

"I have to go, we have some stuff to settle some stuff before the wedding. It's in two days" I said.

"Fine" he pouted and I smiled.

I kissed his cheek.

"See you later" I said and I left to the house.

I showered and got ready.

I drunk my coffee.

"Who's ready to make this wedding perfect?" I said to the girls, kind of hyper.

They looked at me weird.

"Are you good?" Beverly said.

"Yes! Of course, I need more coffee" I said and grabbed another coffee cup.

"Brook, is that a ring I see on your finger?" Bethany said.

I then showed them.

They squealed and hugged me.

"I need to upload the news. Can I?" Becca asked.

"Of course. Let's go now" I smiled and we went to the car.

We went to the venue.

"Becca, didn't you say you wanted lilies, not daisy's?" I said.

"Yeah, they have it wrong," she said and started walking to the wedding planner.

"I got this" I said and walked up to her.

"Excuse me, we need lilies, you're lucky it's not the day of. Now move" I said and smiled.

And for the whole time, I was just on edge.

"Okay, I think everything is done for today. Let's grab lunch" Becca said, pulling me.

"Are you sure? There's more-" she cut me off.

"They can handle it" she said as we walked to the car.

I then closed my eyes and took a nap.

"We're here" Bethany shook me.

I groaned and we got off.

"Are you still hyper?" Beverly asked.

I laughed.

"No, now I'm tired" I said and we went in and ate.

Becca's phone started going off.

She tried to ignore it.

"You don't want to pick that up?" Bethany asked her.

"I'm sure it's nothing important" Becca said but it wouldn't stop.

She groaned and checked it.

"Sometimes I wish people didn't send me their news or gossip" she said and then she got quiet.

"Oh God" she said.

"What?"

"Apparently Julianna is still cheating on Luke" she said.

I cleared my throat and pretended that I didn't care.

"That's still going on?" I asked.

"Yeah but we can see who she is cheating on" she said and gave me her phone.

"Oh my God" I said.

It was William.

"I haven't talked to him in over three years. I have to go, catch you guys later" I said and started walking.

When I found his address, I went to it.

I knocked on his door.

He opened it.

"Oh hey sissy. What do I owe the pleasure of your visit?" he said, in sarcasm.

"Can I come in? I need to talk to you" I said and he moved aside so I could walk in.

"Is that why you're here? Because you need something?" he laughed.

"No William, don't take it that way" I said.

"No Brooklyn, I heard the news. Congratulations, on your engagement. Will I be invited to your wedding? Or am I not invited just like your outlet opening or fashion shows. Congrats on the baby also" he faked smiled.

"I lost the baby" I whispered.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know" he said.

"Just stop. I'm here to talk to you about Julianna. You do know that she's getting married" I said.

"Yes, I do, to your ex last time I remember so you're welcome. You'll have him for yourself" he said.

"I don't want to be with Luke. You need to let Julianna go because she's getting married"

"Yeah well she's going to leave him for me" he said.

I shook my head no.

"She doesn't care about you. She's playing with you and Luke. I tried to talk to Luke about it but he's dumb and doesn't want to listen. I know you're smart enough to not fall for her lies" I said and he stayed quiet.

"Thanks for the advice sis but I think I'm old enough to make my own choices. You should go now and keep living your perfect life" he said.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around in your life, I just didn't know how to talk to you, or what to say to you" I said and he looked down.

"Take care" I said and left.

I went home and then saw Luke.

"Who let you in?" I said.

"Brooklyn, I need to talk to you. Please, I need to know how you're doing but I want to know why have you been avoiding me? What happened? We were running away together, that night you made it seem that you chose me, what changed?" he said.

"Luke, don't you get it? The accident was a sign from the universe, telling us that we can never be together. That choice of running away with you had consequences which was me losing my baby" I said.

"I'm so sorry about that. I wanted to have the baby with you, help you raise him or her" he said.

I shook my head no.

"If you're really sorry, stay away from me" I said.

"Brook please don't do this" he said, trying to get close to me.

"Luke, I can't do this. Every time we're together, something bad happens" I said.

"It doesn't have to be"

"Luke don't! You've made your choice, you're still marrying Julianna and I decided to say yes to Samuel so that means we should stay away from each other" I said.

"Brooklyn, you're the only thing that I want and the only thing I can't have" he said, grabbing my hands.

I bit the inside of my lip, stopping myself from crying.

"I had hope for us, I thought you did too" he said.

"Goodbye Luke" I said and he left.

I took a deep breath, trying to not cry.