6. Dimples

[Edited]

It's been three weeks since the party.

Three full weeks since I've spoken to Jungkook.

And I've been on edge the entire time.

Taehyung has dragged me to multiple parties since then and every time my thoughts wandered off, daydreaming of the boy who I now can't seem to get out of my head.

There's only one semester left before graduation and throughout all four years of tears and skull crushing stress I've somehow almost made it out alive of that hell hole of a university.

I sighed, gripping my heavy backpack a bit tighter as I walked into the bakery where I work, the little bell at the top jingling to let the little cafe know I've arrived, and I was automatically greeted with a set of cute dimples.

"Hey Namjoon," I smiled as I approached his tall lanky form and hastily dropped my backpack in a bin behind the counter, pulling my hair back into a high pony tail and tucking my white shirt into black jeans.

"Hey y/n. Thank goodness you're here so I can clock out," he chuckled as he slipped his work apron away from his waist while I put mine on around my neck.

"Rough lunch?" I began to adjust some of the pastries in the display case and Namjoon nodded sadly.

"Hank came in today," Joon grumbled before rubbing his eyes to relieve the stress he felt by just saying the name of the very grumpy old man that comes in a few times a week with nothing better to do but complain and enslave the entire bakery staff to wait on his every little need.

"Ahh, so it was that kind of day," I frowned, giving Namjoon a sympathetic look.

"I swear one of these days I'm gonna spit in his damn cream puffs."

I snorted, "Okay, I want to say that's taking it too far... but I can't say I blame you."

Namjoon only smiled briefly before it's immediately washed away. "Taehyung... Is he at home?"

I glanced at him while twisting a chocolate cupcake so its prettier side was facing towards the window.

"You're his brother, shouldn't you know?"

His brows raised, mine lowering. "You're his girlfriend, shouldn't you know?"

"Why is everyone always challenging me?!" I threw my hands up in the air dramatically as Namjoon's smile grew.

'I love a challenge.' A flashback to the extravagant dining room appeared in my mind and I froze, cheeks heating to a light pink as Jungkook's velvety voice rang in my ears almost as if he was really there taunting me. A sudden warmth spread across my hand as I remembered how perfectly his hand molded with my own, the butterflies I felt every time he smiled...