48. Busted

[A/N: Hello my loves! <3  Please check out my new book: It's Gonna Be You! Yet another Jungkook x reader!!

A story in which you make a crazy bet you just might end up regretting :))))))) Okay on with the story!]

[Edited]

Saying that I would give them the privacy they needed was a complete lie.

By the time they settled down on the back porch I already had the guest bedroom window cracked, eyes peeping over the windowsill to sneakily peek at the two men with their fronts leaning against the white railing that over looked the ocean. 

I silently prayed they wouldn't end up trying to throw each other off the balcony.

I gazed longingly at Jungkook's figure through the screen, dark hair tousling in the light breeze, I could just make out his squinted eyes trying to peer out at the glinting waves cashing along the evening shore. I wanted to comfort him, to be his shoulder to lean on as well in times like this, but I knew he needed to talk with his brother alone.

He needed closure.

"Well you've already ruined our anniversary night, you might as well say whatever the hell you have to say now!" I watched as he exaggeratedly set the timer on his phone for ten minutes and rolled my eyes at his pettiness.

Cleary Jungkook couldn't be in a shittier mood right now.

"I had no clue it was your anni-- "

"I still see you try to play the victim in every situation as well. Great. Good to know."

"I didn't come to argue with you!" Daniel raised his voice, glaring daggers at the setting sun lowering in the distance behind the water.

"Then what did you come for, huh? Some tea and a warm fucking conversation? A heart to heart?!"

"No! Well, maybe the last part... " 

Jungkook huffed a fake laugh and tongued the inside of his cheek.

"The last thing I wanted was to ruin your night. I'm clearly not good at shit like this."

"You were never good at anything in the first place," Jungkook retorted, rolling his eyes.

"I had better grades."

"Yeah in only two subjects!"

"Three subjects, actually."

"Whatever," Jungkook couldn't help but to smile against his will, digging his hands into his shorts pockets as Daniel rolled his eyes, a small smirk of his own forming as well.

There was a silent pause, both brothers immersed in the fact that they finally shared a moment together that was actually light, opposed to the tense threatening stares and hateful jabs at the other. This time was mostly, as weird as it seems coming from them, brotherly teasing.