41. The Calm

[Edited]

***dies a beautiful death***

Also be sure to follow me for updates on my stories!!

"He really did it?!"

Jin's voice rang out over the speaker of the phone as I slipped into my bathing suit.

"Yes, he's finally leaving the company behind," I smiled, half relieved, half sad for Jungkook. It must be hard, no matter the rewards, he's giving up something he worked his entire life for. 

I tied my hair up in a ponytail and checked over myself in the mirror. 

"Well what are you guys going to do without any source of income?"

I pulled a few pieces of hair down to shape my face and applied some chapstick.

"Jungkook has other investments that will bring in money. And I've been trying to convince him to let me find a job, otherwise I went through years of college for nothing!" I glanced at my new degree framed beautifully on the wall of the room Jungkook and I share and smiled in triumph. 

"You are a strong independent woman, y/n! Don't let that man control you!"

I rolled my eyes at Jin's comment. "Well after Jungkook announces his resignation publicly we'll both be independent and free to do whatever we please."

"How come I wasn't invited? I wanna go!" he whined and I walked over to my bed, picking up the phone to see Jin laying on his own bed still dressed in his work attire with his tie loosened, black hair sprawled out, full pout in place. One long arm stretched the phone out in the air so I could see him properly.

I sighed. "I told you it was last minute! Besides, Jungkook didn't make the invitation list. Jungkook's mother called, and from what Jungkook told me it sounded like she apologized. She told him that the announcement needed to at least be more professional so she put together a banquet for tonight," I explained but Jin's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

"She doesn't seem like the type of person to give in so easily," he said skeptically and I scoffed.

"Well I mean, it's her own son! She must have a soft spot for him somewhere under all that plastic surgery. I mean, his brother wanted that position his whole life anyways, I'm sure she's happy at least one of her sons wants to continue the family name," but Jin still wasn't buying it.

"I don't know, y/n. Something doesn't seem right."

 I rolled my eyes and began walking toward the door.

"Everything will be fine, mom! Now if you excuse me, Jungkook is probably already waiting for me in the pool."

"Wait, y/n! I seriously have a bad feeling about ton-- "