49. The Question

( feel free to play the song softly in the background <3 )

[Edited]

"I was going to tell you anyways, you know."

Jungkook insisted that we spend the remaining time of our anniversary on the beach, the same way we did a long time ago. 

Only this time Jin wasn't here.

It's just us, a blanket shared around both of our bodies, enjoying the waves while the fire crackled in the soft night winds.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, well, I was curious okay."

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know," Jungkook teased and I nudged him in response.

"What are you? A life lesson book?"

"I'm the love of your life, actually," I blushed at his true sweet words and looked away towards the crashing waves. "And you're the love of my life as well."

I took the chance to look in his direction. Jungkook was staring back, face peaceful, but there was a hint of something in his eyes, something off, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"I love you, y/n," the words dripped off his tongue like sweet melted sugar. 

I gulped at the intensity the words held, his admiring stare. A chill ran up my spine and Jungkook took notice, taking the opportunity to pull me into his lap in one swift motion.

"No, Jungkook! I'm heavy!" 

But he only laughed at my warning. "You're not heavy so stop complaining. Besides, big, small, tall, short, I'd love you the same either way." 

I craned head back to look up at his face, brows scrunched together in confusion.

The moonlight lit up his celestial face, enhancing the ethereal features that made Jungkook who he was and for a moment I couldn't breathe, heart squeezing. 

'He's so beautiful.'

 My hand pulled itself to his little scar, tracing it back and forth without my permission. I tugged my lip between my teeth, eyes moving around his face in admiration for a few moments, completely lost in his shimmering aura.

"Why are you being so sweet all of a sudden, hmm?" I murmured quietly, finger trailing down to connect the tiny moles randomly sprinkled on his cute bunny face. 

A light laugh bubbled to the surface. "I can't let my princess know how much she means to me?" Jungkook questioned back casually, but the weird glint in his eye was back.

"I'm not saying that, I'm just saying you're acting weird."

 Jungkook's hand caught my roaming fingers, squeezing them gently before linking them together.