56. Secrets

[Edited]

Was it wrong to be here?

Probably.

But at the same time it felt so right, as if I was mystically guided across the threshold into the space that somehow felt both eerie and serene. 

A chill ran down my spine and for a moment I swore I felt a light pressure on my back, as if something could sense my hesitance and ushered my body farther into the vast room.

But that could have just been my imagination.

Being one of the largest estates in the country I didn't expect anything less from Ji-eun's room, knowing that every part of this extravagant home comes across more along the lines of a movie set. For some reason the purple accents added a perfect touch, her own style that contrasted the uptight elegant atmosphere the rest of the room seem to present.

(A/N: wow I haven't done a picture for this story in a while! I'm not sure if you guys like them or not! LET ME KNOW<3)

Slowly, I inched my way up to her bed, fingers lightly trailing across the smooth satin fabric. 

I sighed, deciding to take a seat on the edge. Knowing she'll never be able to step foot in this room ever again, that Jungkook spent an entire year apart from her because of me, brought another wave of nauseating guilt and I lowered my head as tears began to prick my eyes.

"I never even got the chance to spend time with you, to get to know you. I spent too much time running away like a coward and I took Jungkook with me. I took him away from you," my lips moved without thinking as if I was really having a conversation, as if she could actually hear what I had to say.

"I was never able to personally thank you for everything. You accepted me, never treated me any less than you. You supported our relationship from the very beginning against your parents. If only I had more time to spend with you... If Jungkook stayed-- i-if he never left in the first place-- then you wouldn't be-- " I couldn't continue, hand covering mouth to silence a sob dying to escape.

Tears fell, soul wallowing, withering away as the never-ending remorseful thoughts found the perfectly imperfect time to consume my weak mind. 

For a moment I could hear her screams, feel the burns that singed my skin and I shivered at how she must have felt in her last moments on Earth.

"He's back and that's all that matters."

I froze as the sound of the bedroom door clicked shut.

'Mrs. Jeon?'

I jumped to my feet, hands flailing around in circles as my eyes darted around the room to find a hiding spot. I quickly bent down, trying to shove my body under the bed as quietly as possible.

'Really, y/n? Under the bed?! That's the absolute worst spot--'

"This has already gone too far," I heard Jungkook's father gripe, his voice hoarse, probably worn from all the crying he's done in the past several hours.

"Everything's worked so far, hasn't it? Nothing has gone to waste and in good time he'll come around," his mother's voice was monotone, hollow as I watched her feet tap across the room up to the bed and I cupped my mouth to silence my pants. "That's when we tell them. Sure, they'll be upset at first, but trust me, it'll all blow over from there."

Breath held, eyes popped wide, I did my best to understand the conversation I definitely wasn't supposed to be hearing.

'Everything worked out? He'll come around? Is she talking about Jungkook?'

"And if he doesn't, then what? What about the company? What about-- "

"He'll get rid of the slut himself, you need to trust me on this." Mr. Jeon neared the bed, but all I could see was a pair fancy loafers, followed by a pair of heels. 

They faced each other in somewhat of a stand off.

"You've always been insane but this-- this is a whole new level! I swear, if this doesn't work, I'm taking you down with me, for Ji-eun's sake," and with that he stormed off, door slamming shut behind him.

I could hear his mother's tired sigh, weight denting in the mattress as she plopped down.

"This will work, it has to. I've given up too much to fail again."

'What has his mother done this time?'

A/N♡:

New hints!

Trust me, it gets worse from here..... :))))))))))

Be sure to follow me for updates on my books!

And don't forget to check out my other Jungkookff if you're enjoying this one! <3

Thanks for reading!

-xoxo Kay