16. Double-Crossing

[Edited]

We stayed at Jin's house an entire week.

From Sunday when we arrived until Sunday night when we left. To be honest it was a much needed vacation from, school, work, toxic people in my life. Jungkook seemed to have needed it too. He clung to Jin like a monkey when we were leaving his apartment. 

Literally, he had his arms wrapped around Jin's torso, whining about how he would hire a driver to take Jin over to hang out on weekends. 

"I never thought I'd say this but I'm gonna miss you too, Kook," Jin had said with the most disgusted look that contrasted against his kind words. 

They ended up forming some sort of bond between the two.

 Maybe it was the video games, or their unhealthy love for food, or the fact that they both come from rich successful families. Whatever it was I ended up third wheeling most days.

Which I was actually okay with. Jungkook needed more friends in his life.

Thankfully Namjoon picked up all of the shifts I was supposed to work. There's no doubt that he heard what happened. I'll have to face him sooner or later, that's for sure.

'I definitely have a load of cramming before exams but it's nothing I can't handle.'

I thought back to Jin's words before we left that evening. 

--

"Y/n, you need to live life for you. Be happy." I nodded, my hands holding his in the threshold of his doorway. 

Jungkook was already heading for the car after saying his goodbyes. 

"Besides if you want a best friend's opinion, I think Jungkook's better for you." 

I snorted at his opinion, hearing the begging undertone it carried.

"You're just being biased because you like Jungkook more." I laughed but Jin stayed serious.

"No, really. I saw the way he looked at you this whole week. This most likely isn't a fling. The man is beautiful there's absolutely no way he'd wait around and put up with your ass if he only wanted one thing. I mean, come on, he could have any-- OUCH! YAH!" 

I made sure to give him a good whack on the side of the head before leaving. Jin tried to chase me down but I was too fast. I blew him a kiss from downstairs, busting out into fits of giggles when I saw his response was to give me the finger.

"I'll text you! Miss you sugar daddy!" And with that we left.

--